www.twistedpearaudio.com (then rant and ramble)
Jul 18, 2007 at 2:52 AM Post #46 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by tsaavik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
LOL, surf the web much? Didn't think so...

I must assume either some unstated major premise, or possibily a spurious attempt at humour.

Snappy comeback tsaavik.

Jul 18, 2007 at 2:54 AM Post #47 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by thebob /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The site is rendering non compliant .html code which you suggest should be supported by Apple. Now, exactly which noncompliant code do you suggest Apple should support...

The standards are also designed so that if the browser encounters an error or unsupported tags it should degrade gracefully and not flat out crash, which is indicative of a software problem.

Jul 18, 2007 at 3:26 AM Post #48 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by Clutz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh brother. A "blasé attitude towards USB standards"? Do you even have any idea what you're talking about? They would use industry standard parts for the USB interface, so you've got nothing to worry about.

Holy crap, get a grip and get over your own opinion.

I believe I have made myself quite clear, why should I assume they will be complying to standards? They have, in my opinion, been blasé in their attitude toward .html. This is the impediment to me collecting data to evaluate their products.

I am not "worried" about anything. I am attempting to collect data to make a reasoned decision.

If my comments are "crap" you have not demonstrated that. That you assume divinity in my words gives me insight into your logical thought processes.

If you care to enlighten me, my opinion is always open to modification, by logically presented evidence.

Jul 18, 2007 at 3:32 AM Post #49 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fitz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The standards are also designed so that if the browser encounters an error or unsupported tags it should degrade gracefully and not flat out crash, which is indicative of a software problem.

I should really describe the problem as "hang" but the result is the same. I will report this to Apple.

Has anyone viewed this page, using Safari 3.0 on OSX.4.10 PPC?

Jul 18, 2007 at 4:12 AM Post #50 of 51
Quote:

I am not "worried" about anything. I am attempting to collect data to make a reasoned decision.

If my comments are "crap" you have not demonstrated that. That you assume divinity in my words gives me insight into your logical thought processes.

If you care to enlighten me, my opinion is always open to modification, by logically presented evidence.

Wow, aren't you hostile.

Where did I say your comments were crap? If you had spent half as much time researching USB DACs as you have being extremely rude to other members on here then all your questions would've already been answered.

I have no desire to try to enlighten anyone who is as blatantly rude as you are.

Jul 18, 2007 at 4:35 AM Post #51 of 51
Quote:

Sir, your inference that lack of knowledge of electronics and computer ignorance are related, is not only a Non-Sequitur but borders on Ad hominem.

If I may explain. Standards are there for a reason. I’m sure anyone developing electronic circuits will understand that they are there for the protection of everyone.

The site is rendering non compliant .html code which you suggest should be supported by Apple. Now, exactly which noncompliant code do you suggest Apple should support...

The "inference" about electronics and computer ignorance may be a non sequitur, but both are clearly true in this case. The only "non-standard" code you've attempted to reference is the file extention in the site's URL, which has no relation to the actual data served by the site. If you're going to make technical quibbles, you should probably make sure they're accurate first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back