www.Partsolver.com holy cow!!!
Jan 23, 2003 at 11:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

krayzie

500+ Head-Fier
This site lists every part imaginable for any consumer electronics imaginable...

I've looked up all my Walkmans and the parts for them all there, some discontinued and some still there... but the prices are $$$$$$$$$$$$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jan 23, 2003 at 11:35 PM Post #3 of 19
Damn man I checked out so many things there...

For example:
The parts to the D-E900/D-E905 cost much much more than their D-777 counterparts... the MDR-E484 costs a fortune to assemble... Aiwa earphones have no separate parts for sale... can't believe how much the casings cost for all machines... ridiculous!!!

Anyhow, a nice place if you get desprete, can't find your stuff on eBay, and it's your last resort to get the parts you need... such an evil site LOL!

Jan 24, 2003 at 12:42 AM Post #4 of 19
Now that's a site to die for. Thanks a ton for posting the link...i found a motor for my Japanese walkman, hmm, i wonder if its easy to change.

Jan 24, 2003 at 12:48 AM Post #5 of 19
Errr, I mentioned that site here a few days ago in the 'remote for sony d-25s' thread
smily_headphones1.gif

I'm surprised nobody here found it before apparently. I found it when looking for the RM-DM1 remote.

They have lots of parts, manuals, remotes, adaptors for old and new discmans. Some of the prices aren't even that bad.

Too bad they won't ship overseas, I've asked them about that
frown.gif

Jan 24, 2003 at 12:57 AM Post #6 of 19
They have headphone parts too!
biggrin.gif

If anyone needs to replace a cord or even a driver (at least with Sony), they have it listed.

Really cool site.

smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 24, 2003 at 1:02 AM Post #7 of 19
Somebody order the remote for the Denon DCP-150 for me please
frown.gif

Jan 24, 2003 at 2:46 AM Post #8 of 19
Oh you mentioned it b4? hehe cuz I found this link on the minidisc newsgroup today...

Jan 24, 2003 at 2:51 AM Post #9 of 19
Quote:

Originally posted by krayzie
Oh you mentioned it b4? hehe cuz I found this link on the minidisc newsgroup today...

Cool
smily_headphones1.gif

Strange how these coincidences always seem to happen. Just when you learn about something you have never heard before (a new word or something) and suddenly it pops up everywhere.

Though maybe the person posting in the minidisc newsgroup read my message...

EDIT: I notice the message in the minidisc newsgroup is also about a remote... hmmm... the plot thickens...

Jan 24, 2003 at 8:44 AM Post #10 of 19
The battery price for the sony d25 seems reasonable. Cheaper than Sony. If they really are batteries for the d-25.
rolleyes.gif

Sorry. Couldn't get the link to work.

Anyway, they list the price of the battery: USD $13.64

Jan 24, 2003 at 11:12 AM Post #11 of 19
Oh, I saw BP2ex batteries there for $45.

BTW: I used parsolver before in my 'denon chip info' thread, I simply looked up the parts there, instead of opening the discman
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 24, 2003 at 6:48 PM Post #12 of 19
Sweeeeeeet. I just ordered a D777 chassis. Hopefully mine's replaceable.. hehe.. and hopefully it isn't some ghetto no-name OEM part... [although that's my hunch that it is...
frown.gif
]

Thanks for the link!

Jan 24, 2003 at 6:56 PM Post #13 of 19
Quote:

Originally posted by vwap
Sweeeeeeet. I just ordered a D777 chassis. Hopefully mine's replaceable.. hehe.. and hopefully it isn't some ghetto no-name OEM part... [although that's my hunch that it is...
frown.gif

If it's a replacement part, there's a notice about that, so in your case it should be an original part.

Jan 24, 2003 at 9:04 PM Post #14 of 19
Quote:

Originally posted by LamerDeluxe (tm)
If it's a replacement part, there's a notice about that, so in your case it should be an original part.

Cool.. Hope it's the right part, too..
frown.gif
Their descriptions weren't very good [if not altogether nonexistent...]

They told me to call Sony, and the repair center wasn't too sure which part I needed, either..

Oh well. Life goes on ... with my D-303 instead.

Jan 24, 2003 at 9:26 PM Post #15 of 19
I guess the chassis is the part that goes in-between the top lid and the bottom cover... the part with the writing "never touch the lens" rite?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back