www.onheadphones.com are WORST reviewing site i've ever saw in my life.
Sep 6, 2007 at 4:11 PM Post #16 of 28
I for one kind of enjoy reading alternative takes on headphones that we all know well around these parts. The site is very well laid out, and although subject or opionated are the reviews, they are nonetheless accessible and in relation to most would be headphone buyers..

Perhaps some trolling and comments partially dipped in venom in this thread I supp
eek.gif
se,

Sep 8, 2007 at 4:42 AM Post #17 of 28
Oh the horror!!! The low rating they gave the Koss KSC75!!!
They should hear my Cat5 recable version! :O

Sep 8, 2007 at 5:19 AM Post #18 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by Drag0n /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh the horror!!! The low rating they gave the Koss KSC75!!!
They should hear my Cat5 recable version! :O

"0.5/10: worse than stock KSC75. CAT5 cables ought only be used to listen to the pipes that make up the interwebs."

Sep 8, 2007 at 10:46 AM Post #21 of 28
well, lets look at it from another perspective, the guy clearly dosnt know crap about headphones, he dosnt know the differance between closed and open,

what he hears is affected by what he see´s, his source (probobly 128kbit mp3 download off a p2p netwrok), and popular music, now, last time i checked, rihanna and kanye west isnt exactly the best way to test a headphone,

so he picks up a pair of KSC75, he see´s an extreamly cheap plastic casing, he uses a crap source to listen to an extreamly bright and loud song,

i would also probobly give a KSC75 0.5/5 under those conditions of ignorance and unsuitable testing,

Sep 8, 2007 at 2:15 PM Post #22 of 28
It's rather insulting and offensive for you to bash a headphone enthusiast's website in this community. Last time I checked, we were about encouraging anyone and everyone with an interest in headphones to become involved. It's this kind of bigotry that poisons communities.

Seriously, what have YOU contributed to the community besides complaining in your signature, insulting people left and right, and bashing someone's simple website?

Sickening.

Sep 8, 2007 at 2:44 PM Post #23 of 28
Not that i want to bash anyone, but their reviews (more like 'not-audio-related' opinions imo) are just very bad.

Just look up a review of a HD600 on head-fi, and then look at their review.

They just do not get to the point of discribing the sound, well except from:
Quote:

Let me summarize without naming a lot of recordings that you may or may not recognize. Clear, detailed, musical, translucent, transparent, vibrant, in phase. And that was just through my Nakamichi RE-1 receiver’s headphone jack.

WOW THATS HELPFULL !!!
[/sarcasm]

[EDIT]
What, they say that you'll need a 60-70W amplifier for the K1000 for "normal listening".
blink.gif

Sep 8, 2007 at 7:32 PM Post #24 of 28
Kinda off topic, but I still remember being at the Apple store and one of their employees was explaining to a customer the larger the headphone the more ''closed'' it was
blink.gif

Sep 8, 2007 at 7:48 PM Post #25 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sir Nobax /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What, they say that you'll need a 60-70W amplifier for the K1000 for "normal listening".
blink.gif

K1000 sounds it's best with a class A power amp putting out at least 30 watts per channel so that sounds spot on.

Seriously, you guys are acting (maybe more than just acting) like a bunch of ******** and this thread deserves to be closed, as well as the other one.

Sep 8, 2007 at 8:01 PM Post #26 of 28
Every single "The Bad" statement that you quoted is a perfectly legitimate criticism of each headphone. Grados do leak a ton of sound - the fact that they're an open design doesn't somehow excuse this, and you should certainly know about and consider it as a drawback before purchasing it. The k701 was given a 5-star review, and it's lack of punch and analytical nature have been widely discussed here on head-fi. This can certainly be considered a "con", but notice it wasn't enough for the reviewer to dock it even half a star. The HD600, again, was given a very positive review, and had to be nit-picked to find any faults - and "slightly uncomfortable" is definitely a fault, last time I checked.

The site definitely has some strange ratings - half a star for the KSC75 is bizarre and just plain incorrect, no matter how you slice it. And 5 stars for the Sony V700DJ is just silly. But at least their reviewer doesn't come across as an arrogant, condescending prick. So they have that going for them.

Sep 8, 2007 at 8:08 PM Post #27 of 28
The reviews and ratings looks pretty fair to me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back