www.onheadphones.com are WORST reviewing site i've ever saw in my life.
Sep 5, 2007 at 3:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 28

cherepashka

100+ Head-Fier
And i talk not about headphone reviewing sites, it worst reviewing site of all, no matter what they reviewing. But...i had so much fun reading those "reviews". I couldn't find a review without any major OBJECTIVE fault or mistake. Let's take only "The Good - The Bad" section which supposed to be first and foremost objective:
Apple iPod Earphones.
The Good: Comes with the iPod for free. Average sound quality. Looks cool. Very easy to find if you need to replace them.

What the hell in the world comes for free? Sq is plain poor. How you can comment on looks in SUMMARY section, it's SUBJECTIVE criteria.

AKG K701
The Bad: Might not be the ideal headphone for rock music.

Since when headphone ability to play some genres better and other genres not so great became a "con" of a given can?
plainface.gif

Grado SR60
The Bad: Can be heard by people around you.

How stupid... Maybe you need to understand properties and features of "open" and "closed" cans before start reviewing?

Sennheiser HD600
The Bad: Have been surpassed by the new HD650s. Slightly uncomfortable. Somewhat forward sounding.

That's an absolute fecal gem!!! Never thought that HD 600 became worser since HD 650 arrived. Slightly uncomfortable???
plainface.gif
Yes, in my stomach after reading "reviews". "Somewhat forward sounding"
blink.gif
confused.gif

AKG K1000
The Bad: Very expensive and require a powerful high-end power amplifier to be driven properly. Need a top-notch system to back them up, or they will sound quite ordinary. Not very comfortable to wear. No longer being made.

Ouch! They don't need powerful power amplifier, they need around 7w per channel amplifier, last time i checked power amlifiers with 7w per channel output were far from being considered powerful.
No longer being made is a "con"?
eek.gif

Oh, and so on..............
biggrin.gif

Sep 5, 2007 at 3:38 PM Post #3 of 28
Quite true.

Any review site that gives KSC75 a 1/10 and Smokin' Bud a 8/10 is automatically joining the club of 'WORST REVIEW SITE EVER'.

Sep 5, 2007 at 4:28 PM Post #4 of 28
Sep 5, 2007 at 5:50 PM Post #5 of 28
Quote:

I just love the way these surround sound headphones fit over the ear. Unlike other styles of headphones the Sennheiser hd555 earpieces don’t push up against the ear at all, instead they go around it. So the soft cushioning is going to touch your head when you put them on, not the ears. I love how the soft edges hug the ear for a comfortable fit.

Since when did HD555 became surround sound???
plainface.gif

And not only HD555, there are also other "surround sound headphone" as well.

Sep 5, 2007 at 8:56 PM Post #7 of 28
LMAO, as soon as i saw the recommended headphones the skullcandy smokin' buds ink'd, i x-ed out the tab

Sep 5, 2007 at 9:10 PM Post #8 of 28
Instead of complaining and insulting, why not offer some helpful tips, and even your own user review? Wow, what a concept...

Sep 5, 2007 at 9:27 PM Post #9 of 28
I remember surfing through their web site some time ago. Basically, they didn't say anything that's useful. I could prolly get better description/review in 5 mins on headfi.

Sep 5, 2007 at 10:32 PM Post #10 of 28
i agree the site is poor but all of your complaints about them are subjective also,like you said how can they judge the looks,if they dont judge anything how can they review,its like saying ''how can they judge sound,its subjective'' they have to judge sound,looks,design and so on because its a review.

sound,looks and design are all subjective,they are essentially giving an opinion,wether you agree or not is subjective so stop giving the site such a hard time.

dont get me wrong tho they dont seem to be too accurate in thier suggestions and comments but give them the respect for actually bothering,one mans thoughts about crap headphones is another mans thoughts that they are superb,welcome to the world of reviews,that is what a review does.

Sep 5, 2007 at 10:35 PM Post #11 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by PiccoloNamek /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Instead of complaining and insulting, why not offer some helpful tips, and even your own user review? Wow, what a concept...

x2 i cant believe the insulting comments coming out here on head fi,just because you dont agree with thier reviews you have got to remember they are giving an opinion and suggesting possible faults people could have,if they think the headphones look cheap or poor then thats something people should look at and consider.

you may say yes its subjective they shouldnt involve it in a review...well so is sound,but if they dont comment on it what sort of review would it be then.

Sep 6, 2007 at 1:47 AM Post #12 of 28
The reviews look relatively fair to me; at least they're balanced, which is more than what I can say about a lot of the audio reviews I've read. Why would you expect to extract more information from one man's opinions compared to a forum which has a userbase numbering in the thousands, anyway?

Sep 6, 2007 at 2:22 AM Post #13 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by cherepashka /img/forum/go_quote.gif
AKG K701
The Bad: Might not be the ideal headphone for rock music.

Since when headphone ability to play some genres better and other genres not so great became a "con" of a given can?
plainface.gif

If its not an advantage then what is it? Grado has been criticized like that for not being able to play classical or trance. The statement is fine but I do think they should of elaborated on why they thought the 701 wasn't good at rock music.

Sep 6, 2007 at 2:40 AM Post #15 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by jinx20001 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
x2 i cant believe the insulting comments coming out here on head fi,just because you dont agree with thier reviews you have got to remember they are giving an opinion and suggesting possible faults people could have,if they think the headphones look cheap or poor then thats something people should look at and consider.

you may say yes its subjective they shouldnt involve it in a review...well so is sound,but if they dont comment on it what sort of review would it be then.

x3 ... its really , well i dont know what to say...

EDIT:
Also it seems that both onheadphones and onspeakers.com are down right now. I wonder if it had anything to do with the multiple nasty threads on head-fi? Maybe?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back