www.headphonereviews.org
Apr 2, 2005 at 12:28 AM Post #121 of 221
Heh heh, i've done nothing except encourage people to do more reviews, the extra reviews seem to be helping
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 3, 2005 at 10:58 PM Post #123 of 221
135 users and 190 reviews. I am sure Commando isn't pleased with these low numbers, but it is growth. I know that I have tryed to remember to point people towards it whenever they get new headphones.

I would have thought a website like this would have a lot more reviews being submited, but I guess if the review submission format is not completely open then only members of the community will participate. I suspect that the community is growing quite slowely then. The iPod should be helping things along thought, headphones bursting out of everyones ears now adays, now we just need to get them to be the right kind of cans.

Jul 11, 2005 at 5:04 AM Post #124 of 221
headphonereviews.org has been running for a year or so now, and right now we have 147 reviewers, 147 headphones in the database, and 206 reviews. The site ticks over, I haven't checked the stats recently, but new memers join every now and then, and occasionally existing members submit reviews.

My interest in headphones has waned recently, since I found the setup i'm happy with (A900s, PPA, EX71s, etc) i've spent less and less time here, until now I visit about once per quarter. Because of this i'm considering looking for a new owner for headphonereviews.org. The person would have to be a headphone enthuiast, have reasonable programming skills to enhance the site, and good ideas about how to develop the site. As it is the site pretty much runs itself, the only thing the admin needs to do is approve users every now and then, and do a database backup occasionally.

Anyone interested please put together a short list of why you think you should own/run the site, any applicable development/admin skills, and ideas for the site, and PM them to me. If there's no interested people the site will stay up as it is until it causes me a problem or significant expense, in which case i'd take it down.

Jul 12, 2005 at 1:07 AM Post #125 of 221
Commando, great site, it's helped me alot. One problem though, for months now the e2's have no score which seems crazy to me since there are 3 good reviews and it's one of the most popular phones out there.

Jul 12, 2005 at 1:18 AM Post #126 of 221
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pinny
Commando, great site, it's helped me alot. One problem though, for months now the e2's have no score which seems crazy to me since there are 3 good reviews and it's one of the most popular phones out there.

The scores for reviews are only counted for senior members, but comments from members are displayed. The senior/junior distinction is made by the experience of the person, and how many headphones they've owned and listened to. This is because people who've only heard low to midrange headphones don't have a good point of reference when giving numerical scores.

Anyone who's not a senior member who things they should be should update their profile to include all the headphones they own and have heard, then send me a message using the site contact form. I'll consider the request and bump them up if I think it's appropriate.

Jul 12, 2005 at 4:59 AM Post #127 of 221
I did not realise this and your point is well taken.

Nevertheless my point stands, the E2's are one of the most popular headphones around and prospective buyers (and there are many of them) need to know what they're getting into. Your site is the place they will look and so it's important to get a senior member to rate them if at all possible.

Jul 12, 2005 at 5:11 AM Post #128 of 221
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pinny
Your site is the place they will look and so it's important to get a senior member to rate them if at all possible.

Try motivating people to submit reviews - even though registration and reviewing a pair of headphones takes a maximum of 5 minutes, probably less, very few people compared with the number of members here have done it. People don't need to submit a huge writeup on the headphones, just enter your scores and if you like write a few comments.

Jul 26, 2005 at 1:16 AM Post #129 of 221
I did factor in price a bit when writing my review. You have to, otherwise you'd be expecting everyone who wrote a review to be comparing KSC-50 bass with R10 bass.

I think it's a really nice site, commando, and it's a shame that more people don't refer to it.

Jul 26, 2005 at 1:29 AM Post #130 of 221
The algorithms behind the site assume that you rate everything compared with the best in the market, price is taken into account, if you rate things higher because they're cheap you're defeating the purpose of the site. Then again it's not like it's critical information, it's a helpful guide for people buying headphones.

Aug 1, 2005 at 6:20 PM Post #131 of 221
I am a student who likes to listen to music of all types when studying. For this case i think that closed would be idea for me, but then again i feel i would want to wear them when not studying as well particularly when driving where a little ambient noise would be important. I listen to rap-hip hop and trance mostly. My price range is under 200 used/new either one. Ive been looking at sennheiser mostly but have looked into grados and sonys. Portability is important but not at the top of the list, i am more partial to sound quality, i like deep and punchy bass. What headphones would you all think would be the best considering my conditions? Also where are good websites to purchase them? Thanx!!

Aug 1, 2005 at 6:28 PM Post #132 of 221
A pair of beyer dt770/80s and a good inexpensive amp. You can get them both in the forsale areas here, generally, and come out under $200. Others can recommend the amp that will fit, but I understand there are several pretty good amps under $100...

NOTHING provides the bass like the 770s (well, until you get into another ballpark, which you don't want to think about. Trust me. After you get your amp and cans, run away).

The grado SR60s and Alessandro MS1s would also be good, and have the advantage of working well without an amp, but you're missing out on true basshead love with those.

Aug 1, 2005 at 6:29 PM Post #133 of 221
Whoops, missed the "wearing while driving" part. This is a bad idea
smily_headphones1.gif
If you insist on doing it tho, I'd go with the beyer 990s instead, as a basshead can, but really. Don't do it. Bad juju.

Oct 23, 2005 at 10:46 PM Post #135 of 221
Can I request a review. If its possible I'd like to see a review of a Denon headphone. Either the 350 or 550, but would think the 550 would be better to review. Thanks. This could be from any user who knows a bit about headphones on the headphone review.org site.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back