www.headphonereviews.org
Aug 4, 2007 at 9:16 AM Post #199 of 221
I confused on 595 and 555
frown.gif

Does 555 have better Soundstage & Bass Quality than 595 ?
blink.gif

Bug: HD595's connector is 6.5mm with 3.5mm adaptor NOT 3.5mm with 6.5mm adaptor !!!

www.headphonereviews.org ROCKS
biggrin.gif

Aug 15, 2007 at 11:12 AM Post #203 of 221
Quote:

Originally Posted by P.J /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Another Bug: CX300 is canal not earbud.

EDIT: I confused on :
EP630's Isolation (dB): 106
CX300's Isolation (dB): 10

I fixed that last week, I thought I replied but apparently not.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nutjung_ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ammm..I've listened that Grodo Sr225 is basic for HF-1 It's really?

Why someone tell me Sr225 [change pad to senn 414 ] is better than ?

or I missunderstand ??

Thanks.

I don't understand what you're saying, if you rephrase I can answer whatever questions you have.

Remember the site accepts reviews from anyone with good headphone experience, everyone will score things a little differently, so until there are at least a few reviews for each headphone the scores might not be accurate. Plus headphones are subjective. Read the reviews, look at the scores, and use them as a tool to help you decide what you want to buy.

Where things are wrong it's that people have entered the incorrectly. I check things but don't always catch the mistakes. Just post any things you see that are wrong here, it takes me about 5 seconds to fix those little things that aren't right.

And please, everyone, submit more reviews! Even if you don't have a lot of experience i'll approve people as junior members, your comments will still be useful and valuable.

Sep 11, 2007 at 4:01 AM Post #204 of 221
And please, everyone, submit more reviews! Even if you don't have a lot of experience i'll approve people as junior members, your comments will still be useful and valuable.[/QUOTE]

----

Who is to say that someone with a lot of experience will still make a great review or reviewer. I know many people who have heard every $10k speaker out there and if they were not A/B'd together thay would never be able to tell you how they differ. The same thing applies to headphones.
Likewise, I question the reviewing ability of many members on this site who have a boat-load of posts (many just post to post, without adding much of value). Do you trust their judgement and ability to give a meaningful review over someone else with few posts but years of experience in the hobby?
It is a hard thing to quantify. That is why the only real answer is to eventually have sooo many reviews that the appropriateness of the scores averaged from multiple reviews overcomes the inane scores of a few uninformed reviewers (BOSE RULES!). Then the reader can weed out the poor reviews.
A prime example is from audioreview.com where you can easily determine who has some idea of what they are talking about. It is actually more beneficial to see what product is crap rather than what is good. Because if you start with the viewpoint that many posters are poor reviewers and uninformed, and if THAT crowd uniformly does not like a product, then it likely is crap. You cannot always make that assumption about something being good.

Sep 12, 2007 at 2:06 AM Post #206 of 221
No, unfortunately I do not have a better idea. Like with anything on the net, you have to separate the wheat from the chafe. I agree that greater numbers will eventually even it out.
I have always used non-professional reviews as a starting point for what I WOULDN"T consider and then go listen to what is reviewed describing characteristics that I generally like in equipment.
Unfortunately, editing reviews usually results in a slant towards what the editor likes. Bias either way. Pick your poison.
Hopefully, large enough numbers of people will add their reviews.
I will - if I am approved
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 4, 2007 at 1:38 AM Post #209 of 221
Quote:

Originally Posted by Volucris /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why is it that I really don't think the ratings on that site are accurate at all?

If you don't like it don't use it. We really need a lot more reviews to make the scores more accurate. Reviews only take 30 seconds each, unless you want to write lots of comments, which people are more than welcome to do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back