www.bhphotovideo.com anyone ever buy from there?
Mar 3, 2006 at 2:33 PM Post #16 of 29
They're one of the most trusted suppliers of video and photo gear in NYC, everyone (and I mean EVERYONE) buys from them. Real great place to do business.

Mar 3, 2006 at 7:08 PM Post #18 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fonzy
It says it has a 1 year warranty,Is that from B&H or manufactors warranty?

Manufacturer's.

Mar 3, 2006 at 8:21 PM Post #19 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fonzy
I think i'm going to buy the Sony MDR-V6 but I can't find a place that sells them at a descent price up here in Canada (besides ebay which I don't trust to much) and I seen www.bhphotovideo.com which has them on for $69.95 and i was just curious if it was a safe place to buy from? or if anyone knows a cheaper place to get them up here?

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...ist&sku=358337

BH is great. very reputable and well-known, especially among photographers.

Mar 3, 2006 at 8:33 PM Post #20 of 29
B&H is rock solid. Even the pros get their stuff from here - my sister bought all her pro-grade film for her movie here.

Mar 3, 2006 at 8:44 PM Post #21 of 29
Does B&H have a section to demo headphones?

I am heading to Penn Station later tonight and would like to test the HD555, HD580 and HD595 to make my final decision.

Mar 3, 2006 at 9:03 PM Post #22 of 29
Hate to say "me too" but "me too". B&H is always one of the first places I go to check prices. It is the *only* place I go for photo equipment.

Stereo Review (I think just before the name change to S&V) did an article on online retailers, especially those originating in NYC, and B&H was one of the good guys.

Mar 3, 2006 at 9:07 PM Post #23 of 29
Excellent Seller, highly recommended
wink.gif

Mar 3, 2006 at 10:32 PM Post #24 of 29
I buy from them all of the time. Great etailer/

Mar 3, 2006 at 11:05 PM Post #25 of 29
Yeah, all those New York photo retailers are INSANELY RUDE, it's almost surreal.
orphsmile.gif
But they get away with it because of the prices they offer brings people back. Know what you want, don't ask questions, no small talk, just have your plastic at the ready.

Mar 3, 2006 at 11:29 PM Post #26 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by markl
Yeah, all those New York photo retailers are INSANELY RUDE, it's almost surreal.
orphsmile.gif
But they get away with it because of the prices they offer brings people back. Know what you want, don't ask questions, no small talk, just have your plastic at the ready.

TRUE !

I recommend it for a truely impersonal shopping experience.
I have bought there often (in person) , Know what you want before you get there , dont ask questions its all about $$$
Recently Ive decided to go there to see product , but buy it elsewhere . Even online shops have more personality .

Mar 3, 2006 at 11:59 PM Post #27 of 29
Don't walk into their store, it's incredibly dangerous for your wallet. I've also enjoyed their customer service...maybe its because I was trying out $3k and $6k lenses, I guess it can get a little abrupt on the very busy P&S counters.

I've ordered all my photo gear from them (being a sports shooter, the gear's wayyy up there) and there have never been any problems. By far my most trusted online shop.

Mar 4, 2006 at 2:02 AM Post #28 of 29
If you have never called B&H you are missing out on one of life's greatest person to person experiences. Warning: Do not do this if you are faint of heart.

Here's a short list of questions you may consider asking for optimum sales person response:

The photo paper you sell, it's light sensitive right?
What the difference between the K701s and Bose Triports.
I'm trying to save a litte money what's the best...

Sam

P.S. They are still the best at what they do.

Mar 4, 2006 at 9:07 AM Post #29 of 29
Had one good experience with B&H and one bad and that really wasn't there fault but hey if as a retailer you are going to ship by UPS, pack the box accordingly. UPS crushed the crap out of a pair of $150 headphones in a box that there was no filler/stuffing in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back