WSJ: Jeff "Skunk" Baxter - Defense Consultant??!!
May 24, 2005 at 10:50 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

elrod-tom

Moderator - Prefers "stereo weirdo" to "audiophile"
Yes, that's right...the article is in today's WSJ.

Former member of Steely Dan and The Doobie Brothers, Jeff "Skunk" Baxter, is a well-respected consultant the the Pentagon!! Apparently he's picked this up on his own over the past few years while studying recording industry application of high capacity storage devices.

Anyone else see this article? It never ceases to amaze me the things I learn in this paper.
biggrin.gif

NOTE - This is NOT intended to be a political discussion. Please keep your politics to yourself.

May 24, 2005 at 12:29 PM Post #2 of 8
Quote:

Anyone else see this article? It never ceases to amaze me the things I learn in this paper.

Reading is FUN-D-Mental
tongue.gif

goes to show even a musician can in rare cases have a brain function above the "what rhymes with cadillac ?" type
eek.gif
icon10.gif
cool.gif

May 24, 2005 at 1:05 PM Post #3 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by rickcr42
goes to show even a musician can in rare cases have a brain function above the "what rhymes with cadillac ?" type
eek.gif
icon10.gif
cool.gif

um, cardiac?

May 24, 2005 at 1:16 PM Post #4 of 8
shellac?
heart attack?
midnight snack?
black mac-10?

May 24, 2005 at 1:59 PM Post #5 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by elrod-tom
Former member of Steely Dan and The Doobie Brothers, Jeff "Skunk" Baxter, is a well-respected consultant the the Pentagon!! Apparently he's picked this up on his own over the past few years while studying recording industry application of high capacity storage devices.

biggrin.gif

No, I did not see that particular article, but I will see if I can pull it out. WSJ is one of the great newspapers and I've been a subscriber for decades. As I understood it, Skunk was big into old fashioned and computer war and military simulations for years and has consulted in these areas with the Pentagon for over a decade. Anyone who has listened to a few of his guitar runs knows Skunk understands the mathematics of music as well.

May 24, 2005 at 11:21 PM Post #6 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Pa
No, I did not see that particular article, but I will see if I can pull it out. WSJ is one of the great newspapers and I've been a subscriber for decades. As I understood it, Skunk was big into old fashioned and computer war and military simulations for years and has consulted in these areas with the Pentagon for over a decade. Anyone who has listened to a few of his guitar runs knows Skunk understands the mathematics of music as well.

The article is on PAGE ONE!! I should have mentioned that when I posted. It's one of those funky column 4 or 5 articles that are a bit off-beat.

May 25, 2005 at 12:14 AM Post #7 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by elrod-tom
The article is on PAGE ONE!! I should have mentioned that when I posted. It's one of those funky column 4 or 5 articles that are a bit off-beat.

It's been sitting on my desk all day, Tom. I haven't even had time to read the friggin paper what with all that's on my plate. But I've found it now and will read it tonight after the girls' walk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back