WSJ: Jeff "Skunk" Baxter - Defense Consultant??!!
post-1393920
Post #1 of 8

elrod-tom

Moderator - Prefers "stereo weirdo" to "audiophile"
Reaction score
Yes, that's right...the article is in today's WSJ.

Former member of Steely Dan and The Doobie Brothers, Jeff "Skunk" Baxter, is a well-respected consultant the the Pentagon!! Apparently he's picked this up on his own over the past few years while studying recording industry application of high capacity storage devices.

Anyone else see this article? It never ceases to amaze me the things I learn in this paper.

NOTE - This is NOT intended to be a political discussion. Please keep your politics to yourself.

post-1393972
Post #2 of 8

rickcr42

Are YOU talkin' to me?
Reaction score
Quote:

Anyone else see this article? It never ceases to amaze me the things I learn in this paper.

Reading is FUN-D-Mental

goes to show even a musician can in rare cases have a brain function above the "what rhymes with cadillac ?" type

post-1394004
Post #3 of 8

VicAjax

Headphoneus Supremus
Reaction score
Quote:

Originally Posted by rickcr42
goes to show even a musician can in rare cases have a brain function above the "what rhymes with cadillac ?" type

um, cardiac?

post-1394012
Post #4 of 8

bundee1

Headphoneus Supremus
Reaction score
shellac?
heart attack?
midnight snack?
black mac-10?

post-1394042
Post #5 of 8

Old Pa

Headphoneus Supremus
Reaction score
Quote:

Originally Posted by elrod-tom
Former member of Steely Dan and The Doobie Brothers, Jeff "Skunk" Baxter, is a well-respected consultant the the Pentagon!! Apparently he's picked this up on his own over the past few years while studying recording industry application of high capacity storage devices.

No, I did not see that particular article, but I will see if I can pull it out. WSJ is one of the great newspapers and I've been a subscriber for decades. As I understood it, Skunk was big into old fashioned and computer war and military simulations for years and has consulted in these areas with the Pentagon for over a decade. Anyone who has listened to a few of his guitar runs knows Skunk understands the mathematics of music as well.

post-1394644
Post #6 of 8

elrod-tom

Moderator - Prefers "stereo weirdo" to "audiophile"
Reaction score
Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Pa
No, I did not see that particular article, but I will see if I can pull it out. WSJ is one of the great newspapers and I've been a subscriber for decades. As I understood it, Skunk was big into old fashioned and computer war and military simulations for years and has consulted in these areas with the Pentagon for over a decade. Anyone who has listened to a few of his guitar runs knows Skunk understands the mathematics of music as well.

The article is on PAGE ONE!! I should have mentioned that when I posted. It's one of those funky column 4 or 5 articles that are a bit off-beat.

post-1394732
Post #7 of 8

Old Pa

Headphoneus Supremus
Reaction score
Quote:

Originally Posted by elrod-tom
The article is on PAGE ONE!! I should have mentioned that when I posted. It's one of those funky column 4 or 5 articles that are a bit off-beat.

It's been sitting on my desk all day, Tom. I haven't even had time to read the friggin paper what with all that's on my plate. But I've found it now and will read it tonight after the girls' walk.

post-1394886
Post #8 of 8

plus_c

500+ Head-Fier
Reaction score
I saw that article this morning - and was absolutely amazed. I subscribe online to the WSJ, and articles like this one confirm the fact that my subscription is worth so much more than what I pay for it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)