Writing a paper for personal enjoyment about picking the right IEM
Apr 18, 2009 at 2:11 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Young Spade

Headphoneus Supremus
Hey guys, returning here after a long break. I decided to write a paper about how to pick the "right IEM" for the average and experienced user. I am going to include various reviews here and provide full credit from sources used.

This isn't for any class or anything, but I just want to write something that might help someone out in the future.

If you have ANY topics or threads with info, post them here if you want to help. I'll put you in the sources or whatever for your contribution.

I would strictly like to keep this regarding IEMs, but if you can provide information about smaller cans (on ears, ear buds) that would be great also.

Thanks in advance,
Sean

PS: And just to clear things up, i did post this over in the Sound Science area but this also applies to IEMS (duh) so I'm posting it here also.

Apr 18, 2009 at 3:08 AM Post #2 of 5
It has to start by this
smily_headphones1.gif

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f103/f...phones-310723/

I also would like to some more definitions for audiophile terms. such as bright, dull, dark, harsh ... It will help to understand and 'visualize' the sound signature.

Thank you.

Apr 18, 2009 at 6:15 AM Post #3 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by bakhtiar /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I also would like to some more definitions for audiophile terms. such as bright, dull, dark, harsh ... It will help to understand and 'visualize' the sound signature.

Not surprisingly, it has been started by another head-fi'er over at the full size headphones' forum, before we spitted into sub-forums.

Apr 18, 2009 at 5:20 PM Post #4 of 5
As a resource to help users choose the right iem, I'd be sure to include a large section on the Phonak Audeo PFE and Monster Turbine because they are so frequently mentioned these days.

Apr 18, 2009 at 10:34 PM Post #5 of 5
Thanks for the input everyone. And yea I have so many things to write about that I'm sure to include the standard things posted here.

And thanks for posting the "Main guide". I forgot all about that one
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back