Wow, Upgading Your Power Suppy Really Does Improves Audio Quality!!
May 13, 2011 at 6:00 PM Post #47 of 50
Wow, I've never heard any one say that upgrading their psu made video's loom better and increased their access times.
Clearly this is impossible so I think we have a bit of the placebo effect going on here.
Also I can't tell if the op is using a soundcard or onboard sound but if he is then the psu should definitely make some difference,
but if using an external dac there is almost no physical way that you would hear any differences unless your pc was massively underpowered to the point where it was causing massive voltage swings in bot the cpu and ram.

May 13, 2011 at 6:40 PM Post #48 of 50

Quote:
Wow, I've never heard any one say that upgrading their psu made video's loom better and increased their access times.
Clearly this is impossible so I think we have a bit of the placebo effect going on here.
Also I can't tell if the op is using a soundcard or onboard sound but if he is then the psu should definitely make some difference,
but if using an external dac there is almost no physical way that you would hear any differences unless your pc was massively underpowered to the point where it was causing massive voltage swings in bot the cpu and ram.

How can you be so sure about that? I'm pretty sure he has verified his findings scientifically.

Now if you'll excuse me I have to go burn in my recabled dishwasher.

Jokes aside, one thing I can say for sure is that onboard audio is very noisy and has a lot of interference. With my speakers turned on I can hear: mouse scrolling, heavy hard drive work, graphics card squealing (can hear this at high FPS with just my ear as well), and all kinds of general buzzing and interference coming out of the onboard Realtek ALC889 codec, so yes in that sense I guess you could say power affects audio. Moving the D/A conversion process out of that scrap heap of a PC case is a sure-fire way to get rid of this stuff and as such is a legitimate improvement in audio performance, no duck chasing there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back