Wow! quick MS-2 impressions
Sep 3, 2004 at 3:29 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

pianomaster

New Head-Fier
I got my MS-2's on Monday and have been really enjoying them over the still-excellent SR-60s. I'm still new to all the words and jargon that gets flung around here, leaving me in the position that i know i love these things but i can't put my finger on what exactly is wowing me. I just put flats on them yesterday and i really did notice a (pleasant) tapering of the highs and more mmph in the bass. I've listened to loads of songs that have been ignored on my computer for a long time with them, and the detail they present is also growing on me! I've listened to "Blitzkrieg Bop" by the Ramones about 100 times, in my car, on the radio, speakers, headphones, you name it. I just finished it for no. 101 having heard the faintest female vocal backup for the first time ever!! The 1st time I thought something was going on outside my room, because the sound was suddenly thicker and richer, but then i realized that whatever was going on coudln't be anything that was both on key and in time with the song. Amazing! Just wanted to share some initial impressions and to try writing down what i'm hearing...i'm new at this, after all...

Sep 3, 2004 at 3:50 AM Post #2 of 16
Those are some great first impressions! Don't worry about not using audiophile jargon; I find that its overuse makes reviews sound cold and insincere. And in fact, many people use conflicting definitions for the same term which can cause great confusion. You'll pick up the little you need to know along the way. Enjoy your new headphones!

Sep 3, 2004 at 3:55 AM Post #3 of 16
Awesome! Welcome to Team Alessandro, I'm glad you love the cans!

Sep 3, 2004 at 3:55 AM Post #4 of 16
Hey pianomaster.
smily_headphones1.gif
Congrats on the arrival of your new MS-2's and welcome to the rapid growing Alessandro Mafia!
rs1smile.gif
Will you be able to take some photos of it and post to show?
cool.gif

Sep 3, 2004 at 7:25 AM Post #8 of 16
kinda funny, its been the same for me....I just got my ms-1's in monday, flat pads came in yesterday
smily_headphones1.gif

still needs a bit more burn in time, but the sound is quite an improvement over my hd-497's, especially with the flat pads. my only frustration (for lack of a better word) is the comfort. The stock pads were fine, but these flats are a little tough to get used to, especially while wearing glasses.

Sep 3, 2004 at 9:07 AM Post #9 of 16
i wonder the difference between the sr325 and ms2?
i just can get sr325. it is hard for me to get any alessandro's.

Sep 3, 2004 at 11:12 AM Post #10 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by geekay

all imo, and with flats:

1. slightly drier sound signature
2. slightly wider soundstage
3. less harsh treble
4. perhaps a bit more low bass

Sep 3, 2004 at 12:56 PM Post #11 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by Merk
kinda funny, its been the same for me....I just got my ms-1's in monday, flat pads came in yesterday
smily_headphones1.gif

still needs a bit more burn in time, but the sound is quite an improvement over my hd-497's, especially with the flat pads. my only frustration (for lack of a better word) is the comfort. The stock pads were fine, but these flats are a little tough to get used to, especially while wearing glasses.

if it's pressure on the ears, the best thing to do is to bend that headband back - no worries, it wont break!

Sep 3, 2004 at 2:22 PM Post #12 of 16
Merk, since we are both breaking our MS-x in at near the same time, go with me on this one and just bend that headphone! I stayed up lots later than i should've last nite listening with these things, and the bending-of-the-band really helped my headache go away....good luck!

Sep 3, 2004 at 4:03 PM Post #13 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by pianomaster
Merk, since we are both breaking our MS-x in at near the same time, go with me on this one and just bend that headphone! I stayed up lots later than i should've last nite listening with these things, and the bending-of-the-band really helped my headache go away....good luck!

And no sonic fatigue after listening that long, right Piano? That's what I've found - when I put them down, I want to put them right back on - I'm never forced to because of any fatigue.

Sep 3, 2004 at 4:53 PM Post #14 of 16
Yea, bending the band back did help a good bit with the overall pressure, but my glasses still seem to hold it back from sitting against my ear as well as it should. Unfortunatly I think thats something I'm just gonna have to live with. It did take quite some time to get used to wearing my hd-497's with my glasses, so maybe I'll get more used to it over time.

as for actuall listening fatigue, well I watched 2 movies with em last night, and a good couple hours of music
smily_headphones1.gif
. kept on wanting to get one more song in, but 4 am hit and I reluctantly decided to get some sleep.

Sep 3, 2004 at 5:17 PM Post #15 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by geekay

Why? Alessandro ships all their cans worldwide.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back