Wow, Picasa sucks!
Jun 19, 2008 at 8:24 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 24

Superpredator

Headphoneus Supremus
I used Picasa when it was first released and found it kind of obnoxious, so I gave up on it. I recently tried using it again, and I must say, Google really dropped the ball. Picasa and Picasa Web Albums have been nothing but frustrating.

Simply adding a profile photo has taken 15 minutes--something Flickr could accomplish in four seconds. I simply can't fathom why Picasa Web would force you to choose a profile photo from your album list when every other profile photo selection process--including Google's other services--allow you to just upload from your hard drive. It's almost like they're so desperate for people to use it that they force them into using it unnecessarily.

Just to add this stupid profile image, Picasa has been attempting to update my album list--which contains all of 15 images--for the last 10 minutes.

I hate you, Picasa. Long live Flickr.

Jun 19, 2008 at 10:11 AM Post #2 of 24
Mmmm, I like photobucket, but that could be totally different, never had the urge to use picasa though.

Jun 19, 2008 at 10:20 AM Post #3 of 24
I use Imageshack for photos.
wink.gif

Jun 19, 2008 at 12:12 PM Post #4 of 24
I use Photobucket. But Picasa 2 is a nice and free software for keeping track of images on your hard drive - I don't use Picasa / Google's web album services as I found it restrictive as well.

Jun 19, 2008 at 3:09 PM Post #5 of 24
I've always thought that the only thing that picasa was good for was archive management. I never used it for online features.

Jun 19, 2008 at 3:17 PM Post #6 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMarchingMule /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I use Imageshack for photos.
wink.gif

Ditto!
Tried lots of other alternative hosts, but always return. For some reason it "just works"...

Jun 19, 2008 at 4:41 PM Post #8 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duggeh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've always thought that the only thing that picasa was good for was archive management. I never used it for online features.

Yeah, same here.

Jun 19, 2008 at 4:45 PM Post #9 of 24
Picasa is good for one thing, dumping tons of photos of family and or a vacation/trip onto an album and sending the link to family and friends. Saves a lot of time when you dont want to do anything other than just upload the photos and get a link

Flickr on the other hand is my choice for serious photography, the select set of photos from my trips get edited and uploaded onto my flickr page.

Jun 19, 2008 at 4:53 PM Post #10 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by pez /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Mmmm, I like photobucket, but that could be totally different, never had the urge to use picasa though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jubei /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I use Photobucket. But Picasa 2 is a nice and free software for keeping track of images on your hard drive - I don't use Picasa / Google's web album services as I found it restrictive as well.

Yeah, I use Flickr for photos I want to share, Photobucket for those I don't, and perhaps that's all I need. I won't get into why I wanted to use Picasa, but I think any potential benefit is just not worth the hassle.

Jun 19, 2008 at 5:09 PM Post #12 of 24
Picasa is convenient for sharing with friends and family. I've used it for a few months and am happy enough with its service. Might go to another service, however, for more serious uploading.

Jun 19, 2008 at 7:36 PM Post #14 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by Samgotit /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Self portraits of the Jame 'Buffalo Bill' Gumb tuck away?

YouTube - Oh, was she a great big fat person

I encrypt my collection of self tucks with PGP, but I'll put one up on Flickr for you.

And it's great that that's the only video that person has uploaded - what singular purpose!

Jun 19, 2008 at 8:11 PM Post #15 of 24
Picasaweb hardly sucks. It also has better Mac support than Flickr.
wink.gif

Pick your poison among the mainstream photo servers. They all have their pluses and minuses.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back