WOW! Most restrictive forum I have EVER encountered!
Dec 26, 2012 at 12:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

craigtone

New Head-Fier
Probably a crappy first post, but I am a very active forum member (elsewhere).  I am a member of about 15 forums and active daily in 2, weekly in about 6.

This forum is the most restrictive BY FAR!  Anyone remember the Sienfeld "Soup Nazi" episode?  

... kinda reminds me of this forum!  
biggrin.gif

NO image upload for you!
NO classifieds for you!
NO PM's for you!

Maybe you guys should back off a bit?  I realize there are those that take advantage, but this is ridiculous.  So much so that I probably won't even bother meeting your quotas because it would just force me to post useless and vague responses in various threads to avoid mod filtering.  Not worth the futile efforts it would require.

Dec 26, 2012 at 2:33 PM Post #2 of 5
Curious - what are the restrictions ...... or are you yet another who's only joined to get access to the FS section 
rolleyes.gif

Dec 26, 2012 at 3:01 PM Post #3 of 5
New members can't do much other than post. This is because spammers literally targeted us hard registering profiles which they'd then fill with links. If they post, then it's easy to spot them. New members get a welcoming message explaining this, along with a bunch of useful links.

craigtone: I've enabled your ability to fill in your profile and send PMs, as you're obviously not a spambot. 
smile.gif

Dec 26, 2012 at 8:54 PM Post #4 of 5
Quote:
Curious - what are the restrictions ...... or are you yet another who's only joined to get access to the FS section 
rolleyes.gif

Yes and no!  I don't understand why forums block people wanting to sell to a targeted crowd?  As a forum member, why shouldn't I have the right to stuff that applies to me and my hobby as opposed to SPAM ads?

I am a DIY audiophile and headphones are just a secondary for me.  I have some older equipment I want to sell and I did all my research on what I intend to buy as a "lurker", so I don't see a need to post x messages and wait x days to post a classified when I have been reading here for years!  Seems silly!

FWIW, I am a Grado guy, so I plan to build a DIY MAD Ear+ Super HD.  I'll surely share when I build it but need to sell my old amp to fund the new project.

Dec 26, 2012 at 11:06 PM Post #5 of 5
Quote:

Yes and no!  I don't understand why forums block people wanting to sell to a targeted crowd?  As a forum member, why shouldn't I have the right to stuff that applies to me and my hobby as opposed to SPAM ads?

I am a DIY audiophile and headphones are just a secondary for me.  I have some older equipment I want to sell and I did all my research on what I intend to buy as a "lurker", so I don't see a need to post x messages and wait x days to post a classified when I have been reading here for years!  Seems silly!

FWIW, I am a Grado guy, so I plan to build a DIY MAD Ear+ Super HD.  I'll surely share when I build it but need to sell my old amp to fund the new project.

Can understand your point - but to put the 'other side' in perspective .......

• This is a forum - not a trading point
  • The FS section is for the benefit of the members - it's not the main attraction of the site
  • One of the main issues with people posting in the FS section is the amount of posters with less than 10 posts who join only with the sole purpose of buying or selling a headphone.  they have no intention of using the forum, so we have no idea if they are actually trustworthy or not.  It puts a lot of genuine forum members who want to trade at risk.  I for one would never buy something off a brand new member who has no history, and I'd also prefer not to sell to one either.  At least if I know they've been on the board for 5-6 months, made genuine contributions etc, then it's a lot easier building a circle of trust.

If you're here to stay ..... welcome.  As a fellow DIYer and Grado lover, I'll be looking forward to your input.  Just don't be too critical of the rules.  They might be tight - but ultimately they are there for our protection.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back