Wow I washed my SCL4, now it sounds like crap
Oct 14, 2009 at 1:31 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

a1strank

Head-Fier
Ok so I accidentally washed my SCL4 in my washing machine for like 10-15 minutes..I took it out..tried to dry it for few min..tested it and it sounds like crap..muddy and right channel vol is so low..am I ok? Would it be ok tomorrow? The driver would make "clicking" noise when it is played too loud..esp when bass is loud..I think it is fried...You think shure would replace it if it is still under warranty?

Oct 14, 2009 at 2:35 AM Post #4 of 19
place it in a light stand maintaining distance from the bulb and nozzles pointing upwards for about 24 hrs, they'll be fine.

Oct 14, 2009 at 6:02 AM Post #5 of 19
i put it on top of a humidifier..gonna see what happens tomorrow hopefully it is ok
frown.gif

Oct 14, 2009 at 7:03 AM Post #7 of 19
Oct 14, 2009 at 6:02 PM Post #9 of 19
maybe you just don't like a clean sound.

Oct 14, 2009 at 6:17 PM Post #10 of 19
I never heard of using bleach to take care of "colored" sound. Does that really work? I think I could market something like "Burn-In Bleach".

Oct 14, 2009 at 8:32 PM Post #12 of 19
well after about 15 hrs the the right channel vol lvl is lowered for a bit and less detail than right channel..gonna put in a bowl of rice and see what happens..oh..and I think left channel sounds a lot better than before.LOL What..maybe I missed the shure's..I've been using my using my Altec-Lansing-UHP336 as backup

Oct 14, 2009 at 10:02 PM Post #13 of 19
Why are you using them immediately after getting them wet...

Even if you tried to dry them out with towels/hairdryer, capillary action can pull water in rather deep. I always give wet electronics at least 3 days before I EVEN ATTEMPT to use them, because any water inside would likely make it short and get permanently damaged.

Oct 14, 2009 at 11:50 PM Post #14 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by peli_kan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why are you using them immediately after getting them wet...

Even if you tried to dry them out with towels/hairdryer, capillary action can pull water in rather deep. I always give wet electronics at least 3 days before I EVEN ATTEMPT to use them, because any water inside would likely make it short and get permanently damaged.

This.

It was quite foolish to use them with letting them dry out.

My cousin dropped his cell phone in water, but had it off. He took it apart and let all the parts dry out for a few days. He put it back together and it worked perfectly!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back