Wow, I really like IEM's!
Jul 2, 2006 at 6:28 PM Post #17 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by swt61
I really liked the sound from my E4-S', but it seemed like every time I'd get a good seal, someone would want to talk to me. Usually a client.

PTH is your friend
tongue.gif

Either that, or Rockbox + Mono mix + one IEM out of ear

Jul 2, 2006 at 6:32 PM Post #18 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Duke_Of_Eli
IEMs are alot like drugs. They're gaining popularity, and each time you try them you always want more soundstage, and thus more expensive IEMs.

I would LOL, but this is an uncomfortable truth. is there a methadone program?

Jul 2, 2006 at 6:37 PM Post #19 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by AtheisticFreedom
Haha, just maybe he is!
tongue.gif

Anyway, for my 2 cents; the KSC75 is better than my 5 Pros. Even my friends, who think my hobby is stupid, tried them both and agreed: the 75 sounded way better than the 5 Pro.

When I first got the 75, I was like "Wow, it's like the 5 Pro w/o isolation!" Then I wore them around school for a whole day. When I came home and tried the 5 Pro, I almost fell onto my bed in shock: the 5 Pros sounded WORSE than the 75! And to this day, I still think the same.

i suppose yu find the pros sound very muddy, boomy, and congested in comparison to the ksc75?
wink.gif
I've never heard of the 5pros but I prefer the ksc75 to many more expensive iems, which makes me decide not to invest too much on a pair of iem.

Jul 2, 2006 at 7:05 PM Post #20 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by kin0kin
i suppose you find the pros sound very muddy, boomy, and congested in comparison to the ksc75?
wink.gif
I've never heard of the 5pros but I prefer the ksc75 to many more expensive iems, which makes me decide not to invest too much on a pair of iem.

Hit the nail on the head! In my opinion, only IEMs like the E4 and iM716/ER4 series make it worthwhile to own a pair of IEMs.

Jul 2, 2006 at 7:17 PM Post #21 of 29
I didn't like the e4 at all, the treble roll off is just too much for me and the phone sounded very lifeless as a whole. The er4 and altec equivalent are probably the only iem that I'd invest in, still, there is some coloration on the er4 that I find slightly irritating. It's not easy get a pair of iem that is worth the price (most are overpriced imho) considering how good some cheap phones sound.

Jul 2, 2006 at 8:13 PM Post #22 of 29
Quote:

I wholeheartly agree! I never found any IEM worth owning after all, because they don't even hold themselves against my Koss KSC75. After buying and trading IEM from Shure, Ety & Westone, I'm glad I didn't go for UE10 or some other custom IEM, when the're cheap headphones that sound better.

Jul 3, 2006 at 1:52 AM Post #23 of 29
Quote:

but I prefer the ksc75 to many more expensive iems, which makes me decide not to invest too much on a pair of iem.

Could not agree more, KCS-75 FTW!

Jul 3, 2006 at 3:35 AM Post #24 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by sidewinder
I'm glad I didn't go for UE10 or some other custom IEM, when the're cheap headphones that sound better.

I bet the UE10 does blow the Koss out of the water, but we are talking about a $15 can vs. a $1000 one.

Jul 3, 2006 at 5:38 AM Post #25 of 29
Aditya, all I have to say is, every time I think I'm liking IEMs, I hear the K1000 again, and I am cured.

Jul 3, 2006 at 1:00 PM Post #27 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by sidewinder
I wholeheartly agree! I never found any IEM worth owning after all, because they don't even hold themselves against my Koss KSC75. After buying and trading IEM from Shure, Ety & Westone, I'm glad I didn't go for UE10 or some other custom IEM, when the're cheap headphones that sound better.

I can't quite agree with you on this. The UE-10 is in my opinion the best iem by far. Maybe the other customs are close, quality wise. But the universals? No way...

Jul 5, 2006 at 8:16 PM Post #28 of 29
I don't see how anyone is bothered by E4 treble roll-off yet they like KSC 75's?? KSC 75's have 1/2 the clarity and treble and the bass is much sloppier. Go figure.

Jul 5, 2006 at 9:01 PM Post #29 of 29
"...yes there is the diminishing returns aspect, but at the same time, you can sometimes waste just as much dough by taking the gradual upgrade route. If I could get back the money spent on the EX-51/71's, E2c and E3c, I'd probably have a nice little pocket amp (and change) to go with my E4's."

You're so right about that, Fondy44. I've got too much stuff that represents only a slight improvement or even a sideways move. A clearer understanding of what the distinct niches are would have helped me and would help others in the future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back