Wow Dave Mathews Band!!... please recommend
Jun 13, 2007 at 8:31 PM Post #16 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by kalis104 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Before these Crowded Streets, Crash for studio
Both the Live at Red Rocks and complete Weekend on the Rocks and definetly Listener's Supported

I rather like Live at Folsom Field, but I'm probably a bit bias there since I was at that concert and it was just an awesome show.

A couple things bring that show down at Folsom- Wayyyyy too much crap from Everyday. Along with the awfulness that is the "lovely ladies." Otherwise the energy is pretty good and the mix is solid, plus it includes JTR.

Jun 13, 2007 at 8:45 PM Post #17 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by tjkurita /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am not a fan of Dave Matthews Band at all, but I must say that Carter Beauford (sp?) is an unbelievable drummer. In my uninformed opinion, his drumming is as essential to the sound of that band as Bonham's drumming was essential to Zeppelin.

I only post here because you mentioned percussion.

X2, even though my interest in this band as a whole is now non-existent, I still love Carter. One of the best in the business.

Jun 13, 2007 at 8:52 PM Post #18 of 21
Studio
Under the Table and Dreaming
Crash

Live

Listener Supported
Live at Red Rocks
Live at Luther College (note...it is just Dave and Tim Reynolds, one voice and two guitars. If it is the percussion that interests you, be warned)

Jun 13, 2007 at 9:14 PM Post #19 of 21
One more vote for 'Before these Crowded Streets' as an introductory studio album. If that doesn't do the trick you shouldn't bother checking out any other album of theirs!
Every song on there is stellar, I can't think of any exception! Not to mention that the quality of the recording is top-notch. Honestly, you can't go wrong with that one...

Jun 14, 2007 at 1:59 AM Post #21 of 21
Dave shines Live. A couple of my faves are

Live at Luther College (Tim is great here)
Live at Red Rocks

There are literally thousands of DMB boots out. Most are so-so, but a few are excellent. Unfortunately, I'm not at home for a while (months), so I can't comment which ones are exceptional.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back