WOW? any headphones can create the greatness of SQ like this?
Sep 28, 2005 at 9:30 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

rob1031

100+ Head-Fier
well, the question is a little misleading...but here is goes

i turned up my zen touch to 25 (full volume) with my A900s, cause iwas changiing and didnt wanna turn off the music (listen as "spekaers").
then i put them on for a few seconds seeing how they would sound and thouhgt they would just hurt my ears lol.

well hte bass efect was AMAZING? the mid for the guitar were SO thick and nice to listen to (i was listneing to black label society- the band by guitarist of ozzy osbourne)...

wow... i always tought my a900s would are damn good at normal listneing levels, but without great mids and not thumping bass... when turned up thoguh....wow...that is like a900 X 10000. the characteristics are the same, but just everything improved!

is it possible to create this effect wihtout killing my ears???
confused.gif

edit: after the first guy's reply: firstly... i tried using my cmoy, yes it improved in sound, but the soundstage and effect really couldnt beat the "volume increase quality"
i kno that it felt a bit like (but less detailed and less bass) my EMU 0404 + cmoy with a900s, but i dunno.....

could it be my zen touch that holds this "quality" back? if i used a cd player would it be any different? lol
unless the cmoy's holding me back!

Sep 28, 2005 at 11:39 AM Post #3 of 5
Do the blue tac and cotton mod on your a900's. i have a pair and i loved them out of the box, but the mids sounded to distant. after the mod the sound was alot more fuller and it sounded so much better than bfore, i think this will get you the sound you want out of your a900's. if you run a search you should find good posts on how to do this mod.

Sep 28, 2005 at 6:53 PM Post #4 of 5
Just be careful you don't damage your hearing. Choosing cans that can reproduce the bass you like at more reasonable levels will save you ljots of heartache (and earache
smily_headphones1.gif
) down the road.
basshead.gif

Sep 28, 2005 at 7:14 PM Post #5 of 5
Well, what you experienced is a common psychological perception of louder is better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back