Would you rather....

Would you rather have

• All the free gear (no resale) you could want for the rest of your life

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Aug 22, 2019 at 6:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

CoryGillmore

Headphoneus Supremus
If you had a choice between perfect hearing (as perfect as human hearing could be) that never deteriorates with age and abuse, or all the free head-fi gear (no resale) you could ever want for the rest of your life, which would you choose?

It's tempting but I think I'd go for the hearing. I added in the no resale clause cause without it, it's essentially infinite wealth LMAO.

Would being able to resell the gear affect your decision? It would certainly affect mine...

Aug 22, 2019 at 9:41 PM Post #3 of 18
Definitely health is more important than wealth IMHO. No point having all the material possessions in the world if you don't have the health to appreciate or utilize it (not only talking about audio gear but for other stuff in general).

From a personal standpoint, I have slight high frequency hearing loss from playing in a band for over 15 years, and I really wish I knew about hearing protection when I was younger. Well it isn't as bad as to affect my appreciation of music and in daily conversation, but still, I would like to have reversed the hearing loss if I could, but it is permanent unfortunately.

Aug 22, 2019 at 10:19 PM Post #5 of 18
Its like would you rather have have all the exotic cars in the world but you are going blind or a perfect vision with a prius.
Meh not exactly. Plenty of people enjoy this hobby into their senior years with normal hearing loss and still get enjoyment out of it. I'm 34 and already can't hear anything above like 12.5-13khz. Which is only a little less than normal I believe. I attribute it to my car audio enthusiast days. BASS BRO!

Aug 22, 2019 at 10:28 PM Post #6 of 18
0C87F792-0D69-4D9F-B893-B058A22BFACC.jpeg

To be more specific, this is the reason my hearing sucks. This is my old 2000 Tahoe. Picture is from 2006. That’s 4 13.5 inch JL Audio W6 subs. It was great fun haha.

Aug 22, 2019 at 10:33 PM Post #7 of 18

To be more specific, this is the reason my hearing sucks. This is my old 2000 Tahoe. Picture is from 2006. That’s 4 13.5 inch JL Audio W6 subs. It was great fun haha.

That is wicked!

Aug 22, 2019 at 10:51 PM Post #8 of 18
That is wicked!
TY sir! I've still got most of it. Well I still have 3 subs and all the amps. I want to setup two of the subs in my home theater. I was looking into one of those thousand watt Dayton Audio sub amps. I've actually already got the subs placed in my theater room (where they've sat unwired for over two years now) just waiting on some power! The ohms and jumpers and all that stuff confuses me though. I don't want to buy an amp and fry it because I don't know what I'm doing.

Aug 22, 2019 at 11:57 PM Post #9 of 18
TY sir! I've still got most of it. Well I still have 3 subs and all the amps. I want to setup two of the subs in my home theater. I was looking into one of those thousand watt Dayton Audio sub amps. I've actually already got the subs placed in my theater room (where they've sat unwired for over two years now) just waiting on some power! The ohms and jumpers and all that stuff confuses me though. I don't want to buy an amp and fry it because I don't know what I'm doing.

Haha now I know why u asked the question in this thread. With such a great setup, I'd be super tempted to blast my music too. But do take care of your hearing friend! Everything in moderation LOL!

Aug 23, 2019 at 12:09 AM Post #10 of 18
I bought all the best stuff and then sold it all, settling on some MUCH cheaper but almost as good stuff. Less concern about them getting damaged or stolen and easier to sell them if I don't want them at some point.

Aug 28, 2019 at 12:38 PM Post #11 of 18
Cmon not one person wants infinite gear?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back