Would you rather...?
Sep 18, 2006 at 3:39 AM Post #16 of 24
Well, if we could all still have our KSC 75s and SR 60s, it wouldn't be a choice, would it? Most of us have these rigs already! Of course you'd pick what you have. By crappy rig, I just meant something that played music whereby you could tell what was playing, and you could hear the vocals, but just that....the bare minimum.

So far, yeay for this! I was beginning to be scared that there would be many more lunatics that would pick just the one CD and listen to it over and over
tongue.gif

sebascrub

Sep 18, 2006 at 3:41 AM Post #17 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by lionel marechal
Well, to me the poll is not proposed correctly, because too extreme to propose 'real life' alternatives and real life opportunity to choose

The Poll would have been :
- 20000$ rig and 20 cds
- 2000$ rig and 200 cds
- 200$ rid and 2000 cds

Yeah, that would have been better. Oh well, hindsight is 20/20

sebascrub

Sep 18, 2006 at 5:41 AM Post #20 of 24
Sort of true, but I would like to believe that music is affected less by the law of diminishing returns than headphones are.

I'd definitely take the music, I can magically get used to on quasi-decent sources and heaphones pretty quickly, probably because I haven't been headfi-ing real long and don't have an super top end stuff.

Sep 18, 2006 at 6:25 PM Post #21 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by FalconP
The law of diminishing return applies equally to both gear and music: when you already have a large collection, each additional CD/vinyl brings less enjoyment.

I disagree completely. The best album you ever heard could still be out there. I get equal enjoyment from cds now as I did when I had only 10 or 15 cds.

In fact, a large collection has led to deeper enjoyment and appreciation of music in general.

Sep 19, 2006 at 9:14 PM Post #23 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by sebascrub
Yeah, that would have been better. Oh well, hindsight is 20/20

sebascrub

Well, like some frenchy said, "La critique est aisee, et l art est difficile" = "Criticism is easy, and art is difficult". True of everything.
And anyway, the poll brings up some interesting discussion
biggrin.gif

Lionel

Sep 19, 2006 at 11:01 PM Post #24 of 24
I've considered upgrades, really, but when it comes down to which is worth spending the money on, several albums win out, every single time, leaving me again with KSC75s, but new stuff to use them for.

If it were not this way, I'd not have found "Takk..." or "Angel Dust", two fantastic albums I bought at times when I made the music v. audio equipment choice. The greatest clarity in the world isn't missing out on that.

[size=xx-small]I think it's time I had a talk with my kids
I'll just tell 'em what my daddy told me,
"You ain't never gonna amount to nothin'."[/size]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back