Would you rather be...
Jul 24, 2011 at 8:57 PM Post #46 of 87
I much prefer the cold, with a few exceptions.

West of the Cascades in the Great Pacific Northwest sat well with me. 45° F out, grey skies and a little drizzle/light rain was terrific. I liked wearing pants, long-sleeved shirts, sweaters, jackets, and all the rest. Never got sweaty, no sunburns, and I sleep soundly when it's cold out.

However, I do not like snow, hail or ice. I have a special hatred for freezing fog. I'll take heat over those, any day.

And I've had a lot of heat recently. It's been averaging 110° F down here. Pretty awful. I have a hard time sleeping and can't wait for the summer to end. The rest of the year is OK, nights will range from 40°-65° F which make for nice sleeping.

Jul 24, 2011 at 9:21 PM Post #47 of 87

Quote:
I much prefer the cold, with a few exceptions.

West of the Cascades in the Great Pacific Northwest sat well with me. 45° F out, grey skies and a little drizzle/light rain was terrific. I liked wearing pants, long-sleeved shirts, sweaters, jackets, and all the rest. Never got sweaty, no sunburns, and I sleep soundly when it's cold out.

However, I do not like snow, hail or ice. I have a special hatred for freezing fog. I'll take heat over those, any day.

And I've had a lot of heat recently. It's been averaging 110° F down here. Pretty awful. I have a hard time sleeping and can't wait for the summer to end. The rest of the year is OK, nights will range from 40°-65° F which make for nice sleeping.

There's no better sleep than a sleep where it's cold out and possibly even raining as well and you're snuggled up under your blanket.

Jul 24, 2011 at 9:21 PM Post #48 of 87
I'd much rather be shivering because then I can just add on more layers and whatnot. Main annoyance with sweating is that I have to shower to feel clean. Humidity is the worst.

Jul 24, 2011 at 9:22 PM Post #49 of 87

Quote:
It's 77F with low humidity in Santa Fe right now. I'm sure it differs around the state, but that is insanely nice weather.

That sounds perfect!

Jul 24, 2011 at 10:09 PM Post #50 of 87

Quote:
I think these results are skewed as the States are currently going through a heat wave. I'd be interested in the results if it were a freakin' freezing winter day lol. That being said, I do agree with the consensus.

It wouldn't change my answer.  I've camped for a week with highs in the 20Fs and lows below 0F, and I've backpacked with highs in the 90s.  The winter camping was fine.  I cut the summer backpacking short because I couldn't take it.

Plus there's no pollen in the air when it's cold.

Jul 24, 2011 at 10:19 PM Post #51 of 87

Quote:
It wouldn't change my answer.  I've camped for a week with highs in the 20Fs and lows below 0F, and I've backpacked with highs in the 90s.  The winter camping was fine.  I cut the summer backpacking short because I couldn't take it.

Plus there's no pollen in the air when it's cold.

lmao i forgot there is people with allergies.
biggrin.gif

Jul 25, 2011 at 2:00 AM Post #54 of 87

Quote:
Its winter in Australia right now, 16C. Australia has opposite seasons due to its location

im preety sure we knowe taht

sorry im a li8tttle drunk.

Jul 25, 2011 at 2:32 AM Post #56 of 87
Jul 25, 2011 at 3:58 PM Post #58 of 87
Jul 25, 2011 at 6:08 PM Post #60 of 87

Quote:
That's pathetic, dude... Might want to work on that tolerance a bit.

ya well that was my first time so give me a little break.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back