Would you listen to it???
Feb 20, 2002 at 3:50 PM Post #46 of 47
Quote:

There are some people who want to hear the best sound possible.

Ya, and someone with a cheap portable and $30 headphones probably isn't one of those people... I don't doubt some of you here would listen to it, but I think if we were all truly in that situation, the numbers would be much closer than they are now.

Feb 20, 2002 at 10:07 PM Post #47 of 47
Quote:

Originally posted by Flumpus

Ya, and someone with a cheap portable and $30 headphones probably isn't one of those people... I don't doubt some of you here would listen to it, but I think if we were all truly in that situation, the numbers would be much closer than they are now.

Even though I've never actually had what most of you would call High End equipment, I've played this game since I was in elementary school. (When LSMFT meant Lord Save Me From Truman.) I've gone into just about every shop I had an oportunity to and listened/auditioned whatever I wanted, even when I was still a kid.

So yes, I would listen to whatever they had, especially if it looked exotic and "Intimidating". I'll never own an Orpheus, and I don't think I would want it even if I won the lottery. I could buy a hell of a pair of Martin-Logans for that kind of money and then fill in the other channels for another $15,000 to $20,000. But you can bet I'd listen, even if was only 10 years old instead of 3 score and a month. Never thought I'd live this long.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back