Would the Skullcandy Supreme Sound line be viable if the prices were cut in half?
Jan 25, 2013 at 12:46 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Danmao

New Head-Fier
Now hear me out, guys. I know I'm a new poster, but I've been lurking the head-fi forums since '11, and I realize that there's some SC hate. Now, when the Supreme Sound line came out last year, I started to try out the Hesh 2 and the Aviators, and they were actually good, but I'm a cheap person, so for the price I didn't really consider buying them, although the designs did look pretty good in my opinion. Now I'm not comparing their quality to just nothing, I actually own a pair of Sennheisers, and I've borrowed my dad's Audio-Technica headphones many times in the past, and while I'm not saying that the Skullcandy heaphones sound better than the other headphones I've listened to, I liked their designs, so for a few months now I've been keeping my eyes out for good deals on them. I bought the Hesh 2.0 for $25 over 2 months ago, and recently got a pair of SS Aviators for $40 in the mail. Now tell me, am I an idiot for buying them at all, or did I really get a decent deal on these, because even I don't think the sound quality is complete garbage, I just never thought it was worth what the stores sell them for.

Jan 25, 2013 at 12:52 AM Post #2 of 10
I've heard that both the Hesh 2.0 and Aviators have pretty decent sound quality. I've only ever heard bad things about the sound quality of their other models but they recently hired an acoustic engineer and started focusing a lot more on sound quality, probably because of audiophile communities like head-fi calling them out on their poor sound quality. It will be interesting to see what they do going forward but yeah, I wouldn't expect to get good bang for your buck with retail priced Skullcandys.

Jan 25, 2013 at 12:53 AM Post #3 of 10
That's actually not true. Hesh 2, Aviators, and Mix Masters are all pretty good sounding. There's been several threads/posts this year praising Skullcandy's new lineup.

Now, only if they would fix their IEMs, their Ink'd 2 is still terribad.

Jan 25, 2013 at 12:54 AM Post #4 of 10
Quote:
Now hear me out, guys. I know I'm a new poster, but I've been lurking the head-fi forums since '11, and I realize that there's some SC hate. Now, when the Supreme Sound line came out last year, I started to try out the Hesh 2 and the Aviators, and they were actually good, but I'm a cheap person, so for the price I didn't really consider buying them, although the designs did look pretty good in my opinion. Now I'm not comparing their quality to just nothing, I actually own a pair of Sennheisers, and I've borrowed my dad's Audio-Technica headphones many times in the past, and while I'm not saying that the Skullcandy heaphones sound better than the other headphones I've listened to, I liked their designs, so for a few months now I've been keeping my eyes out for good deals on them. I bought the Hesh 2.0 for $25 over 2 months ago, and recently got a pair of SS Aviators for $40 in the mail. Now tell me, am I an idiot for buying them at all, or did I really get a decent deal on these, because even I don't think the sound quality is complete garbage, I just never thought it was worth what the stores sell them for.

No, I've tried the Aviators they aren't too bad.

Jan 25, 2013 at 12:57 AM Post #5 of 10
Quote:
 I bought the Hesh 2.0 for $25 over 2 months ago, and recently got a pair of SS Aviators for $40 in the mail. Now tell me, am I an idiot for buying them at all, or did I really get a decent deal on these, because even I don't think the sound quality is complete garbage, I just never thought it was worth what the stores sell them for.

I'd jump on them at those prices. The new SK headphone lines are good sounding, although not quite as good as the MSRP suggests.

Jan 25, 2013 at 1:03 AM Post #6 of 10
Well these replies aren't what I expected at all, but that's a good thing. While I do agree with that one guy who said the Ink'd 2 aren't that great, the original Ink'd were even worse. I ended up giving them to my roommate, and he loved the heck out of them, but only because he's only known $1 Coby torture devices his whole life. I actually bought a pair of SS Heavy Medal earbuds for $30 online because I got curious, but I don't see that much input from Head-fi about them. Anyone here have any experience with them?

Jan 25, 2013 at 2:39 AM Post #9 of 10
Quote:
Ebay is a wonderful thing.

There's nothing like that on ebay.com.au though 
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back