Would the RS-2 satisfy a previous RS-1 owner?
Feb 4, 2006 at 2:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

cheechoz

Headphoneus Supremus
I know, why not just get another RS-1! The fact of the matter is, that I just can't afford one right now, and have a chance at a very good deal on a used RS-2. I am was also very content owning an SR225, so just how much of a difference in quality sound will I lose, as compared to the big brother!
rs1smile.gif

Feb 4, 2006 at 2:48 PM Post #3 of 15
I hope so.

I thought that RS-1 was too pricey for my third pair of headphones but I still want one pair of Grado's to represent their sound. Grado sound is just great on some tracks. So now I'll buy RS-2 used from another head-fi member and the price is much lower.

Feb 4, 2006 at 6:45 PM Post #5 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by cheechoz
Because I can easily get an SR225, which I love, but I am hoping that the RS-2 is a big enough change from the 225!
icon10.gif

Frank, trust me it will be a big change for you. Much better bass and high, mid is also a little better IMHO. I love my RS-2 and it is a woddie
orphsmile.gif

Feb 4, 2006 at 7:04 PM Post #7 of 15
I agree with the earlier post. I can't afford the RS-1's either. But that didn't stop me from buying them. Now excuse me while I go see if I can find a diner that needs some dishes washed....

Feb 5, 2006 at 3:14 AM Post #11 of 15
I would take the fact that you are already questioning it as a clue.

Just get the RS1 and eliminate any seed of doubt.

You know how it goes.

Garrett

Feb 5, 2006 at 3:34 AM Post #12 of 15
It's really a difference in flavor more than quality. Some people prefer the rs2 to the rs1. The rs2 has a darker sound. I really liked the tonality, though the bass could start to get a little out of hand with Todd's flats (keep in mind I am an L3000 lover so what's a "little out of hand" to me will be "TOTALLY OUT OF CONTROL" for others
evil_smiley.gif
). The rs1 are really snappy sounding with great microdynamics and a bigger soundstage. However they're a bit harsher and can get fatiguing real quick, even with Todd's flats. I don't agree that the rs2 are 90% of the rs1 - yeah whatever. They don't sound at all alike; they're two different approaches to sound. Both the rs2 and rs1 are clearly a cut above the SR series, however. The sr225 doesn't compare at all to either rs2 or rs1.

Feb 5, 2006 at 4:08 AM Post #13 of 15
Thanks for the insight on the RS-2, because I never heard it! If the RS-2 is indeed darker than the RS-1, well then, I think I will just have to let time take its course, and just wait until I can get the big boy!
eek.gif
rs1smile.gif

Feb 5, 2006 at 9:56 PM Post #14 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by cheechoz
Thanks for the insight on the RS-2, because I never heard it! If the RS-2 is indeed darker than the RS-1, well then, I think I will just have to let time take its course, and just wait until I can get the big boy!
eek.gif
rs1smile.gif

To me is not so much of the RS-2 being darker, instead the RS-1 extends a bit more into the higher frequencies. Either one is great and I could live with either. Good luck.

Feb 5, 2006 at 10:57 PM Post #15 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by lmilhan
My 2 cents:

Save the money and go right for the RS-1s. If you go the RS-2 route, you will regret every day that goes by because you didn't hold out and buy the RS-1s. You have been into this hobby long enough to know how it goes!
wink.gif

rs1smile.gif
rs1smile.gif

second that.. I think a few more months of wait for the RS1 is well worth. I sold off all my Grados and the next time I buy one, It will for sure be the RS1 again. Once you have experienced it, no point getting any lesser.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back