Would the fiio e11 better the audiotechnica ATH M50's?
Jun 29, 2012 at 12:49 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

TOOMUCHMONEY

New Head-Fier
Heyyy. So i really need some help with ATH m50's and knowing if a portable amp( fiio e11) would be neccesary. Becaus i do not currently have the m50s right now so i am not aware of what they sound like. Theyll be here on tuesday!!! Cant wait!!! I like bass and but im not a basshead. I was just wondering if the portable amp would really make that much of a difference in the headphones. Thanks to all!

Jun 29, 2012 at 12:57 AM Post #2 of 8
Quote:
Heyyy. So i really need some help with ATH-M50's and knowing if a portable amp (Fiio E11) would be neccesary. Because I do not currently have the m50s right now so i am not aware of what they sound like. Theyll be here on tuesday!!! Cant wait!!! I like bass and but im not a basshead. I was just wondering if the portable amp would really make that much of a difference in the headphones. Thanks to all!

Might depend what source(s) your planning on plugging the headphones into?

Jun 29, 2012 at 12:59 AM Post #3 of 8
I personally find that the M50s sound worse amp'd.

Jun 29, 2012 at 5:41 PM Post #5 of 8
Quote:
Well, I will have extensive use on my iphone. But also my computer. And i do plan using the headphones portably.

Apple products seems to come with decent support for audio.
So you might do ok without an add-on amplifier.

Jun 29, 2012 at 8:59 PM Post #7 of 8
in my opinion the M50 improves greatly with a line out and an amp.  I use my ipod with either a hornet, or e11.  just using the amp makes more of a difference that which amp I use

Jun 29, 2012 at 10:51 PM Post #8 of 8
Most headphones DO improve to some extent with an amp, but the M50's don't need it honestly. They just need a bit of EQ on the mid-range.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back