Would someone teach me how to get the best out of my setup?
Jun 3, 2006 at 2:06 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

dskywalker

100+ Head-Fier
Following advices here I bought myself a Silverstone EB01. Right now I have the following things at my disposal: foobar, eb01, supermarcro, hd600, and my current sound card is audigy 2 platinum pro. Would someone help me get the best SQ out of these components?
580smile.gif

Jun 3, 2006 at 7:27 AM Post #2 of 6
How do you have it configured so far?

Personally, I'd have Foobar play lossless files through the EB01. I'd connect the EB01 to the SuperMacro and, finally, the HD-600 to the amp. You should get good sound out of that setup.

The SuperMacro is a good amp, but it's a portable. If you're looking to upgrade, take a look at the various desktop style amps. You'll get the biggest benefit from one of those.

Jun 3, 2006 at 9:29 AM Post #3 of 6
Yea that's how i have them configured now, but I'm kind of confuse about the bit perfect output ppl are talking about. Would that make a big difference for me in this case? I don't even know how to get that with the current setup.

Jun 3, 2006 at 5:51 PM Post #4 of 6
... but I'm kind of confuse about the bit perfect output ppl are talking about. Would that make a big difference for me in this case? I don't even know how to get that with the current setup.

You can't. The audigy 2 plat will resample the signal to 48hz (not very well done either) no matter what you do. The cheapest card capable of outputting a bit-perfect signal is the AV-710. Whether that makes a big difference or not... you'll have to find out yourself :/

Does the EB-01 accept toslink, by the way?

Jun 3, 2006 at 10:54 PM Post #5 of 6
Tachikoma said:
Quote:

... but I'm kind of confuse about the bit perfect output ppl are talking about. Would that make a big difference for me in this case? I don't even know how to get that with the current setup.

You can't. The audigy 2 plat will resample the signal to 48hz (not very well done either) no matter what you do. The cheapest card capable of outputting a bit-perfect signal is the AV-710. Whether that makes a big difference or not... you'll have to find out yourself :/

Does the EB-01 accept toslink, by the way?

he can skip the audigy altogether and just output bitperfect to the EB01 by itself - when you plug in the EB01 it ought to be recognized as a 'sound device' and you should be able to play audio through it, without having to go through the EB-01 - and no, the EB01 doesnt have TOSlink

Jun 4, 2006 at 5:03 AM Post #6 of 6
I heard about windows kmixer does something to the digital output....is it true? If so, how to avoid it? Does it really make a difference? Or do I automatically get bit perfect signal via USB connection already?
rolleyes.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back