Would like to build an amp..
Jul 25, 2009 at 2:16 AM Post #5 of 8
"Normal" procedure is to build Cmoy to understand the basics of electronics and soldering and going from there. There are a few projects which don't deal with line level voltages, which are dangerous and can harm you.

Search around for projects using low voltages and with good documentation. There's tons of info here and helpfu people!

Good luck!

Jul 25, 2009 at 2:22 AM Post #6 of 8
^This is the "normal" procedure, but I don't think that there is anything wrong with being more ambitious than a cmoy if you plan ahead and do a little practice on soldering beforehand. I built a CK2III with no problems whatsoever when I had never soldered before.

Jul 25, 2009 at 10:31 AM Post #8 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by tintin47 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
^This is the "normal" procedure, but I don't think that there is anything wrong with being more ambitious than a cmoy if you plan ahead and do a little practice on soldering beforehand. I built a CK2III with no problems whatsoever when I had never soldered before.

Of course there isn't anything wrong with that.

But if you need to practice solder beforehand why not make it a useful learning experience and build something with a purpose instead of practicing by random resistors and caps to a testboard. You can always see the cmoy later for parts cost!

Also, DIY should be about the learning experience as well, at least that's the way I see it. It is not a "hey, give me a amp kit and detailed instructions and if something goes wrong troubleshoot it for me" thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back