would it be possible to split this forum in two??
Sep 28, 2002 at 2:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

Flasken

Exhibit A in the case FOR a legal drinking age.
I think it would be alot nicer to have and Amp board and a Source Components board, than having the two subjects together like they currently are.

- Just a thought.

What do you think??

Sep 28, 2002 at 2:55 PM Post #2 of 20
I'm not sure what to think. . . I mean, I'm guessing there are more than enough discussions for each to have its own board. . . but I'm not sure that people would like having to go to another board. . .

Sep 28, 2002 at 3:11 PM Post #3 of 20
Quote:

Originally posted by andrzejpw
I'm not sure what to think. . . I mean, I'm guessing there are more than enough discussions for each to have its own board. . . but I'm not sure that people would like having to go to another board. . .

i agree. My reason for suggesting this is that i feel that this board is the board(of the serious ones) that is least to the point... It feels really messed up and uncategorized. Not precise at all.
frown.gif

Sep 28, 2002 at 4:35 PM Post #4 of 20
It almost seems like we need "headphone amps" and "other." But then, I'd say that--I like amps a lot.
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 29, 2002 at 4:16 AM Post #5 of 20
I agree. I think that amps should have their own discussion board, and that the Sources section should merge with the Other Discussions/New Technologies, since the subject their seems mainly to be sources anyway...........

Sep 29, 2002 at 7:00 AM Post #6 of 20
Jeff
That's not a bad idea - Sources and Source Techhnologies.

Sep 29, 2002 at 9:50 AM Post #8 of 20
Well Jeff's suggestion sounds good, add one, minus one to get the same no. of forums.
smily_headphones1.gif

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Sep 29, 2002 at 11:53 AM Post #9 of 20
Well, SumB, my reason for suggesting was that it feels DISorganized to me, as of now.

I second Jeffs suggestion, now that I think about it, headphone amps definately deserve their own forum, while, as for sources, I'm not so sure after all...

Sep 29, 2002 at 5:36 PM Post #10 of 20
Quote:

Originally posted by kelly
Jeff
That's not a bad idea - Sources and Source Techhnologies.

that actually sounds like a very good idea to me personally, since the technologies/formats forum gets very little traffic as it is, and merging it with source discussions would make a lot of sense.

Sep 29, 2002 at 5:39 PM Post #11 of 20
Quote:

Originally posted by Neruda
that actually sounds like a very good idea to me personally, since the technologies/formats forum gets very little traffic as it is, and merging it with source discussions would make a lot of sense.

Being a mod in THIS forum... i'll go along and add my vote to it too... would help tidy things up... and then all four parts of the audio chain would be covered in their own seperate forums
biggrin.gif

Unfortunately I can't make the changes... Its up to Jude if he sees fit... hopefully this will be the case
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 29, 2002 at 6:27 PM Post #12 of 20
Quote:

Originally posted by Duncan

Unfortunately I can't make the changes... Its up to Jude if he sees fit... hopefully this will be the case
smily_headphones1.gif

I wonder if he's even read this thread... I'll drop him a pm.

Sep 29, 2002 at 6:48 PM Post #13 of 20
You ever get the flu, go to bed early one night and wake up to find that it's dark outside again? Freaky.

I was midway through beginning a new thread and when I came out on the other side, the change had been made. My thread covers both amps and sources but hopefully it is still enough on target to remain in this forum.

Sep 29, 2002 at 6:50 PM Post #14 of 20
Yup, as Kelly says... Things are a changing
wink.gif

Its gonna be slow going, seperating all the posts within THIS forum... but bear with us
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back