Would I notice a difference?
May 9, 2011 at 2:54 PM Post #16 of 24
That's why I bought the Coppers. I listen to various music from Bach to Jay-z, so the Coppers were perfect. I'm using my Coppers with the E5, magical mid option for the best sound. I still use the EQ to get the amount of bass I want though. 

Good luck with your purchase. Tell us what you think after you get them ! 

May 9, 2011 at 5:20 PM Post #18 of 24
Seems I'll be getting them and the E5. Hard part is finding a good price.

Amazon.com has them for $223.99 + 15.97 (shipping) + $63.14 for import fees to Canada? J&R might be cheaper if the $40 shipping price includes the customs and I if I can get a similar price to amazon. Not much choice for Canada.

Also for the FiiO E5 Should I be getting the Fiio L1 or L3?

May 9, 2011 at 5:33 PM Post #19 of 24
i went from turbines to ie8 huge difference the soundstage is so wide and interactive, lush mids and better bass

from my experience the fiio e5 made my clip sound worse, it made my iphone and galaxy S sound better tho

i really dont think u need an e5 if ur planning to use the clip

May 9, 2011 at 5:47 PM Post #20 of 24

Quote:
Sorry if I sounded harsh against the Golds, I just don't want to keep upgrading this often. I actually payed a lot for my Turbines because I was naive about buying stuff online :O. So I can't keep funding for different headphones. Cheaper to upgrade amps now :D

Are you going to sell your Turbines?

May 9, 2011 at 5:56 PM Post #21 of 24
I might, they still have the free futureshop warranty I got until august. My first ones stopped working and I got lucky and futureshop had the turbines with the right angle connector.

I'll see once I get the Coppers. I might wait for the fiio E11, seems to be a big improvement from the E5 and also get the Fiio L9.

May 19, 2011 at 2:13 PM Post #22 of 24
Quick update 
biggrin.gif
, my Coppers finally arrived and they sound great. I can't believe what a difference there is between the original ones. I didn't know how much the bass of the vanilla turbines covered up the music. The vocals sound so much better 
smily_headphones1.gif

I also ended up ordering the E5 which still hasn't arrived but hopefully soon, want to see if theres even more of an improvement.

Thanks for the recommendation 
beyersmile.png

May 20, 2011 at 2:27 PM Post #23 of 24
When your E5 arrives, play around with the bass boost switch. There's flat, and bass, but also one in the middle. Slide it slowly from flat to bass or bass to flat, you should notice a slight sound improvement. 

Quote:
Quick update 
biggrin.gif
, my Coppers finally arrived and they sound great. I can't believe what a difference there is between the original ones. I didn't know how much the bass of the vanilla turbines covered up the music. The vocals sound so much better 
smily_headphones1.gif

I also ended up ordering the E5 which still hasn't arrived but hopefully soon, want to see if theres even more of an improvement.

Thanks for the recommendation 
beyersmile.png

May 20, 2011 at 2:32 PM Post #24 of 24
Will do, I have no idea when it will arrive though. I wish it came with a tracking number.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back