Would I benefit from a Fiio E10 for D2000s? Plus questions about the unit.
Apr 24, 2012 at 9:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

keyweez360

Head-Fier
Purchased some Denon AH-D2000 headphones and while unfortunately I don't have a matching budget for a headphone amp, the Fiio E10 looks like it might fit my needs, as some users on these boards have suggested. Couple questions though:

- I don't have a dedicated sound card in my PC, just motherboard (MSI 870-G45 w/VIA VT1828S)
"Lossless 24 bit/192kHz HD Audio The MSI 870-G45’s audio chipset comes with a 24-bit/192KHz sample rate and 7.1 channels which offers high quality digital decoders and speakers"
To my ear, it's sounded fine with my Senn PX100s, but would I benefit further from a Fiio E10 for the D2000s?

- I've read some things about the unit regarding static/pop sounds whenever playing, pausing, or skipping tracks, watching YouTube videos; general usage. Anyone have experience with this? Is the issue dependant on the unit itself? Motherboard? Headphones? Anyone experienced audio distortion/issues in general with the unit?

- Loose headphone jack causing static or intermittent audio drops? Anyone know what's going on with that?

Thanks in advance.

Apr 24, 2012 at 9:18 PM Post #2 of 5
I have heard similar things to what you described with the fiio. Let me say this. I just sold my e10 on the used forum earlier today. Missing it already. It's a very very nice match for the d2k. Very underrated. I saw one on here today for $60...get it quick. After thinking about it for awhile, I decided to order an e17 as my backup amp/dac. They are $139 with free shipping and it's a decent upgrade to the e10. But honestly I have no issues with the e10/d2k pairing at all.

GL!!

Apr 25, 2012 at 2:29 AM Post #3 of 5
Wondering if I can get any more input before I pull the trigger on the E10. @MattTCG, you had no issues with popping/static? Or a loose jack causing interference? It should sound better than my motherboard audio, yes? Do you have any other desktop amp solutions within a $100 budget?

Apr 25, 2012 at 6:13 AM Post #4 of 5
Congrats on the D2000 its great headphone, 

My E10 and D2K combo works very well there is no issues with static or anything like that.  The Jack and volume pot are solid and mine was one of the early batches.

IMO you wont get a better DAC / Amp in its price bracket. 

Apr 25, 2012 at 6:26 AM Post #5 of 5

Quote:

- I've read some things about the unit regarding static/pop sounds whenever playing, pausing, or skipping tracks, watching YouTube videos; general usage. Anyone have experience with this? Is the issue dependant on the unit itself? Motherboard? Headphones? Anyone experienced audio distortion/issues in general with the unit?

- Loose headphone jack causing static or intermittent audio drops? Anyone know what's going on with that?

Thanks in advance.

Hi. I've been using the E10 for a few months now, both as a headphone amp and a regular DAC (line out to my Onkyo CR-525 mini-system), and have had no issues with static, freezing, etc. The unit does emit a small yet annoying ticking sound when playback stops, but that doesn't seem to be a bug.
The headphone amp sounds pretty good, though it does clip fairly easily with both my HD-25s and HD600s (my Onkyo handles them both better than that). The headphone jack seems a little loose, but that's caused little issue. 
Surprisingly, the line-out doesn't sound as good as the headphone amp.
All in all, while I don't regret buying the thing, I still believe I'd have done well to put that money towards something better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back