Worth upgrading from Grado 325i to RS-1?
Feb 19, 2008 at 1:08 PM Post #16 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by fatcat28037 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How about if it were shipped gift wrapped with a greeting card?...........Happy Birthday to you!

Yeah good idea may have to do it this way
smily_headphones1.gif
...I would just have to know how much everything will add up to and hopefully it won't get damaged in the plane...I have someone that could buy it and send it to me but need to think about the price at the end including posting, VAT and any custom charges...I don't think I am ever going to be in US so import is the only way I can get them, or just pay about $1400 for it in UK which is pointless because somebody in US can buy them for me for $500, but then I would just need to add everything up and see
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 19, 2008 at 4:38 PM Post #18 of 23
The 325i's are a great buy for the money, but nothing will ever replace the RS-1's. Also, do yourself a favor and buy a pair of flat pads. Go for it!! You'll love them.
rs1smile.gif

Feb 19, 2008 at 9:06 PM Post #19 of 23
Ye was thinking about geting some flat pads but i didn't see any for sale in UK so it means I would have to import them as well...

Feb 20, 2008 at 9:14 PM Post #20 of 23
I'm on the same boat as you are with regards to upgrading.
Anyways since you're in the UK, I always see listings from a UK seller on ebay (mawlee83) that regularly lists Grado's for auction and also with Buy it now for RS1 at 390GBP. You might be able to save a bit from his auctions.

Apr 27, 2008 at 9:40 PM Post #21 of 23
First off, the 'gift' option is tempting but let's face it, customs officials aren't stupid. People try to get around this all the time and if a gift that is not a gift gets attention, you could have some issues with the authorities. We're not talking baby clothing here.

Speaking of which, buy all your toys before you get married. I'm going to have enough of a hard time justifying my 325i purchase as I have a new baby to my wife...

Apr 29, 2008 at 10:13 PM Post #22 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by Syler /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Was thinking about it before, not that easy...I would have to pay tax, VAT and all that which adds up to quite a bit and when it shipps to UK what they do is they may open the package to check what it is, but they may not do that...if they don't open it then there is no problem and i get it, but if they do then depending on what they think how much the product is worth they make up the price I have to pay to retrieve it or something like that...so they send me a letter telling me how much they want me to pay for importing it from US or something and I have to pay it to retrieve it...price vary on how expensive the product is, it may be 10 pounds or a 100. I know this is stupid but thats what they do it so there is like 50% chance that package is goin to be chacked. My friend ordered some speakers from US before and this happened to him. Speakers was worth 300 pounds and he had to pay extra 80 pounds to retrieve it
frown.gif

Insure your package. If in doubt, they go by insured value (as I have bitterly experienced, with one insurance value and another, lower, stated value).

Quote:

Originally Posted by jerryneyk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Speaking of which, buy all your toys before you get married. I'm going to have enough of a hard time justifying my 325i purchase as I have a new baby to my wife...

Just find a head-fi'er with upgraditis. It really won't be that hard.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back