Worth upgrading from Grado 325i to RS-1?
Feb 18, 2008 at 7:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 23

Syler

100+ Head-Fier
Hi
I own Grado SR-325i and I was wondering if it would be worth to upgrade to some RS-1's? I would like them to be little bit more warm sounding but still having same detailed sound as the 325i's. I want more powerful bass bit still tight and punchy and little bit bigger soundstage. I have Grado RA-1 amplifier if it helps. Thanks for any sugestions
smily_headphones1.gif

Patrick

Feb 18, 2008 at 9:45 PM Post #2 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by Syler /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi
I own Grado SR-325i and I was wondering if it would be worth to upgrade to some RS-1's? I would like them to be little bit more warm sounding but still having same detailed sound as the 325i's. I want more powerful bass bit still tight and punchy and little bit bigger soundstage. I have Grado RA-1 amplifier if it helps. Thanks for any sugestions
smily_headphones1.gif

Patrick

I just received my RS1 a few hours ago so I am not an expert. Nor do I still have SR325i for a direct comparison.

However, my impression is that the RS1 is warmer than the SR325i by a noticable amount. Details are apparently still there, though they are not as noticable as the cans are less bright overall giving a false impression of less detail. The bass is extended, deep and impactful, at least on a par with the SR325i and perhaps a bit moreso.

To me they are sounding sweet, smooth, and rich. I do not sense any reduction in PRaT due to the additional warmth.

As to whether the upgdare is worth it, only you (and your wallet) can answer that question after a lengthy listening session.
cool.gif

Feb 18, 2008 at 10:35 PM Post #4 of 23
Syler I upgraded from 325i's to RS-1's and got EXACTLY what you're asking for. Go for it my man
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 19, 2008 at 12:46 AM Post #7 of 23
Thanks for all the sugestions guys...now you all are making me buy it don't ya
biggrin.gif
, I really would love to get them right now but need to know bit more about them and I always consider other headphones for the same price
confused.gif
...I still need more time to get the money because in England new RS-1's cost like 700 pounds which is like $1400 dollars
frown.gif
and compare this to US prices this seem to be very expensive price for the same product so this doesnt make me happy... Thanks again

Patrick

Feb 19, 2008 at 12:49 AM Post #8 of 23
Quote:

Thanks for all the sugestions guys...now you all are making me buy it don't ya
biggrin.gif
, I really would love to get them right now but need to know bit more about them and I always consider other headphones for the same price
confused.gif
...I still need more time to get the money because in England new RS-1's cost like 700 pounds which is like $1400 dollars
frown.gif
and compare this to US prices this seem to be very expensive price for the same product so this doesnt make me happy... Thanks again

Patrick

Patrick,
Have someone stateside buy them for you ($695 USD) and ship to EU.
: )

Feb 19, 2008 at 1:10 AM Post #9 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by pataburd /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Patrick,
Have someone stateside buy them for you ($695 USD) and ship to EU.
: )

Was thinking about it before, not that easy...I would have to pay tax, VAT and all that which adds up to quite a bit and when it shipps to UK what they do is they may open the package to check what it is, but they may not do that...if they don't open it then there is no problem and i get it, but if they do then depending on what they think how much the product is worth they make up the price I have to pay to retrieve it or something like that...so they send me a letter telling me how much they want me to pay for importing it from US or something and I have to pay it to retrieve it...price vary on how expensive the product is, it may be 10 pounds or a 100. I know this is stupid but thats what they do it so there is like 50% chance that package is goin to be chacked. My friend ordered some speakers from US before and this happened to him. Speakers was worth 300 pounds and he had to pay extra 80 pounds to retrieve it
frown.gif

Feb 19, 2008 at 1:14 AM Post #10 of 23
sucks dont it? it comes to like 40% extra, alot, i was thinking rs2 but customs....

they got me once, asked for a paypal reciept on my iphone, i changed the reciept in word properly from $500 to $100

Feb 19, 2008 at 9:07 AM Post #13 of 23
Quote:

Was thinking about it before, not that easy...I would have to pay tax, VAT and all that which adds up to quite a bit and when it shipps to UK what they do is they may open the package to check what it is, but they may not do that...if they don't open it then there is no problem and i get it, but if they do then depending on what they think how much the product is worth they make up the price I have to pay to retrieve it or something like that...so they send me a letter telling me how much they want me to pay for importing it from US or something and I have to pay it to retrieve it...price vary on how expensive the product is, it may be 10 pounds or a 100. I know this is stupid but thats what they do it so there is like 50% chance that package is goin to be chacked. My friend ordered some speakers from US before and this happened to him. Speakers was worth 300 pounds and he had to pay extra 80 pounds to retrieve it
frown.gif

ouch! daym well over here it's the same way if u import anything. they may or may not open it at customs. i know there is some kinda fee for importing stuff like expensive stuff. when are u gonna visit the US? i would say just wait til u visit the US and just buy em when u get here. then u can just use em on the plane and annoy everyone for like 6 hours or 7 hours lol.

Feb 19, 2008 at 12:29 PM Post #14 of 23
Quote:

frown.gif

I think that marking it as a "gift" on the customs declaration form may obviate the tax and VAT. That way it can be insured, with the declared value in plain sight on the outside of the package. Please check on this; it may be a way around the money-snatchers. : )

Feb 19, 2008 at 12:41 PM Post #15 of 23
Not exactly. Marking as GIFT do not make it free of VAT and Custom costs. Each country have an minimum, VAT free amount, that doesn't get an direct attention, but than again, they can open and charge you anyway. You can call your Customs client desk and ask them about this. I did up here and there is nothing wrong to do such thing, before you make any purchase. The information is free for public and also available on internet.
cool.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by pataburd /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think that marking it as a "gift" on the customs declaration form may obviate the tax and VAT. That way it can be insured, with the declared value in plain sight on the outside of the package. Please check on this; it may be a way around the money-snatchers. : )

Users who are viewing this thread

Back