Worth Trying Something New: Cowon D2 or Iaudio 7?
Aug 5, 2008 at 5:25 PM Post #31 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aimless1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The release of a D3 is strictly a rumor. Some had divined the signs to mean that it was coming out the beginning of 2008. Others are still convinced it is being released 8/29/08. Still other have convinced themselves it will be early 2009. The truth is it is still only rumor, nothing substantiated. Go to iaudiophile.net and peruse the Cowon D2 forums. Alot of specualation all around regarding the release but no hard evidence it is coming any time soon.
Since the 16gb D2 was just recently released combined with Cowon's slow to market introductions, the D3 is likely not due out any time soon. But that is still just speculation on my part.

Been to iAudiophile and it's a rumor there. ABi has someone who's been in contact w/Cowon. Even though they have a habit of making promises that are kept WAY off schedule. Besides, why do so many get so UPPITY over the subject of the D3?

Aug 6, 2008 at 10:11 AM Post #32 of 33
I just got my D2 today.

I use itunes with apple lossless on the computer and convert to ogg qual 8 for the D2.

I agree with chinesekiwi that ogg qual 8 (approx 256k) is a great size/quality compromise. way better than mp3 at any bitrate. Lossless is still better but I haven't tried it on the D2 yet, not sure I'd hear the difference on the D2 although its clear on my good system.

The D2 drives my 100 ohm ER4S unamped no problem.

sounds good, no real lack of bass, and it can easily be increased if required.

Sure the SQ is not as good as playing through my professional RME computer audio interface, but it seems good for a dap to me. not that I have anything to compare it with.

Feb 5, 2011 at 9:04 PM Post #33 of 33

Quote:
Quote:

Originally Posted by nywytboy68 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The D2 is the best IMO. I have a A829 and I've gone back to my D2. I'm selling the Sony at work to 1 of the guys. I'm feeling no regret. Just wish I would have gotten a 16gb D2 instead - I'll be patient and see how the D3 is.

EDIT: I'm gonna' get a 16 gigger - SCREW THAT!!!

haha funny. D3 IS A RUMOR only

I was looking through this old thread and found myself saying the D3 is a rumor... well that was 3 years ago.. now the D3 is reality. dang

Users who are viewing this thread

Back