Worth Trying Something New: Cowon D2 or Iaudio 7?
Aug 4, 2008 at 4:42 PM Post #16 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by limathy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hi where do you get a 16gb d2 for 220? i'm looking for one too. almost the same situation, got the triple fi's and looking to get a D2.
seem's to get good recommendations on the synergy
i'm debating a i7 as well.

Cowon D2 16GB

$214

COWON D2-16BL 16GB 2.5" LCD Flash MP3 Player Black Retail at ZipZoomfly

Well if i got the D2 , i Would probably end up selling my Ipod and Amp. My tripples don't need an amp, (i ruled this out)

Why does everyone say the D2 takes away bass? I am a little bit of a bass head.

Aug 4, 2008 at 7:07 PM Post #17 of 33
any other opinions?

Aug 4, 2008 at 10:05 PM Post #18 of 33
I JUST BOUGHT THE COWON D2 16GB!!! + SKIN + BesT SKIn EVEr SCReEN PROTeCTOR! omg im crazy

Aug 5, 2008 at 1:50 AM Post #20 of 33
Thanks
biggrin.gif
cant wait

Aug 5, 2008 at 5:50 AM Post #21 of 33
Elluzion, you won't be disappointed!

I have been fiddling with the Jet Effects and I have found some great customized settings which make the Cowon really SLAM the bass!

I too, have been inquiring about amping the Triples, both here and at iaudiophile. It appears that highly sensitive IEMs like Triple Fi are hard to pair with an amp, there is always a danger of hiss.

Anyway, the Cowon drives them beautifully and extracts every ounce of detail, I am currently in audio nirvana
smily_headphones1.gif
I have listened to 4-5 DAPs with my Triples recently after getting the D2 and somehow all of them sound muddier/ less clear than this combo.

I'm just envious of those of you who are getting the 16 GB at just a slight premium over what I paid for 8 gig some months ago.

Enjoy the sound guys!

Aug 5, 2008 at 6:05 AM Post #22 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by geekchic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Elluzion, you won't be disappointed!

I have been fiddling with the Jet Effects and I have found some great customized settings which make the Cowon really SLAM the bass!

I too, have been inquiring about amping the Triples, both here and at iaudiophile. It appears that highly sensitive IEMs like Triple Fi are hard to pair with an amp, there is always a danger of hiss.

Anyway, the Cowon drives them beautifully and extracts every ounce of detail, I am currently in audio nirvana
smily_headphones1.gif
I have listened to 4-5 DAPs with my Triples recently after getting the D2 and somehow all of them sound muddier/ less clear than this combo.

I'm just envious of those of you who are getting the 16 GB at just a slight premium over what I paid for 8 gig some months ago.

Enjoy the sound guys!

Wow i was having regret earlier in the day after the purchase, but you really made me feel better! Thanks for the info, I can't wait. I still need to work on my fit with the tripple fi's though. You should give me some EQ tips once i get my D2. Also i will have to encode all my audio files to 320kb. Yeah i know 16gb is awesome, and i can always get a 16gb card, 30 gig
biggrin.gif
but i don't need that much space.

It is going to be weird not using itunes anymore. What do you use to play your music files on your pc?

Aug 5, 2008 at 3:14 PM Post #24 of 33
The D2 is the best IMO. I have a A829 and I've gone back to my D2. I'm selling the Sony at work to 1 of the guys. I'm feeling no regret. Just wish I would have gotten a 16gb D2 instead - I'll be patient and see how the D3 is.

EDIT: I'm gonna' get a 16 gigger - SCREW THAT!!!

Aug 5, 2008 at 3:50 PM Post #25 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by nywytboy68 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The D2 is the best IMO. I have a A829 and I've gone back to my D2. I'm selling the Sony at work to 1 of the guys. I'm feeling no regret. Just wish I would have gotten a 16gb D2 instead - I'll be patient and see how the D3 is.

EDIT: I'm gonna' get a 16 gigger - SCREW THAT!!!

haha funny. D3 IS A RUMOR only

Aug 5, 2008 at 4:31 PM Post #27 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by Elluzion /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow i was having regret earlier in the day after the purchase, but you really made me feel better! Thanks for the info, I can't wait. I still need to work on my fit with the tripple fi's though. You should give me some EQ tips once i get my D2. Also i will have to encode all my audio files to 320kb. Yeah i know 16gb is awesome, and i can always get a 16gb card, 30 gig
biggrin.gif
but i don't need that much space.

It is going to be weird not using itunes anymore. What do you use to play your music files on your pc?

You can play with the EQ settings based on this thread
Post your JetEffect settings! - iAudiophile.net Forums

D2 definitely benefits from EQ-ing. I know that is not the purist stance, but it's worth experimenting. With the Trips I leave it on standard rock/clear/pop for most songs. I tend to EQ for mid-bass and mids on certain rock and pop tracks - deep bass is not a problem at all. IF it's there in the song, you will hear it.

It definitely makes sense to convert your music to higher quality rips. I have found in my experience that the D2-triple combo is very unforgiving of badly encoded music. Especially rock/pop.

As for ITunes, it is great to get away from its restrictiveness! I enjoy drag and drop and organising folders the way I want. I use DBPowerAmp for ripping.

And be patient with the combo. It needs a little growing used to, I was used to the bass bloat of a lot of cheaper 'phones. But now I have grown to love this sound sig. It sounds great even at low volumes - no loss of detailing. And it is very non-fatiguing - with the addictive effect of the Triples, I have listened for hours at a stretch.

And I re-charge once in 2 weeks only
bigsmile_face.gif

Aug 5, 2008 at 4:52 PM Post #28 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by nywytboy68 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
1st: I'm getting a D2, not waiting for the ROMOURED D3.
2nd: The D3 is gonna' be out shortly: Upcoming players? - Other MP3 Players - abi>>forums
Remember, there ARE other sites that get info BESIDES head-fi!

The release of a D3 is strictly a rumor. Some had divined the signs to mean that it was coming out the beginning of 2008. Others are still convinced it is being released 8/29/08. Still other have convinced themselves it will be early 2009. The truth is it is still only rumor, nothing substantiated. Go to iaudiophile.net and peruse the Cowon D2 forums. Alot of specualation all around regarding the release but no hard evidence it is coming any time soon.
Since the 16gb D2 was just recently released combined with Cowon's slow to market introductions, the D3 is likely not due out any time soon. But that is still just speculation on my part.

Aug 5, 2008 at 5:01 PM Post #29 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by geekchic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You can play with the EQ settings based on this thread
Post your JetEffect settings! - iAudiophile.net Forums

D2 definitely benefits from EQ-ing. I know that is not the purist stance, but it's worth experimenting. With the Trips I leave it on standard rock/clear/pop for most songs. I tend to EQ for mid-bass and mids on certain rock and pop tracks - deep bass is not a problem at all. IF it's there in the song, you will hear it.

It definitely makes sense to convert your music to higher quality rips. I have found in my experience that the D2-triple combo is very unforgiving of badly encoded music. Especially rock/pop.

As for ITunes, it is great to get away from its restrictiveness! I enjoy drag and drop and organising folders the way I want. I use DBPowerAmp for ripping.

And be patient with the combo. It needs a little growing used to, I was used to the bass bloat of a lot of cheaper 'phones. But now I have grown to love this sound sig. It sounds great even at low volumes - no loss of detailing. And it is very non-fatiguing - with the addictive effect of the Triples, I have listened for hours at a stretch.

And I re-charge once in 2 weeks only
bigsmile_face.gif

ohok cooll. yeah good to get out of the restrictiveness. I don't know how im going to explain this to my girflriend that i sold my ipod and bought another mp3 player. she will flip lol. its ok.

yeah d3 seems like a rumor to me, i mean how much better could it get?
floatsmile.png

QUESTION: with the d2 how do i tag album covers to the song files??/??

Aug 5, 2008 at 5:13 PM Post #30 of 33
You can check that on iaudiophile...when I rip albums I just leave the album art in the original folder...dunno how that works for mixed songs in a folder

Users who are viewing this thread

Back