Worst thing you've done to your headphones?
Jan 11, 2006 at 5:46 AM Post #31 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by splodinjoe
Sweet good god, I do not want to know which end of you that burrito came out of.

I'm pretty sure he was joking - a lot of people have said the K701's look like a toilet seat.. I don't have mine yet, but I don't think they do. i think they look good.. but I also think the DT880s look good.

Jan 11, 2006 at 5:47 AM Post #32 of 91
Sat on my 3 year old HD570 and snapped the band.

Which forced me to look for a replacement, discovering this site and spending more money then I would have liked. Gone through a MS-1, 595, 650 and now Im sitting on a 600 + Cardas, with a EMU1212m + Gilmore Lite arriving within this month
580smile.gif
. Hopefully this will be the enough for now.

"Sorry about your wallet", Geez they werent kidding.
mad.gif

Jan 11, 2006 at 5:56 AM Post #33 of 91
Aside from tripping over the headphone cable multiples times, I switched from my DT880's out of my computer (really hard to drive, almost full volume) to my HF-1's out of my iPod (easy to drive, almost no volume) and blasted the sound which could be heard in the next room. But nothing was damaged thankfully.

There are somy funny stories here.

Quote:

Trippy Tiger: fortunately, I've managed to avoid chewing on my SR-60's, which I've read taste awful

I demand a headphone taste test!!

Jan 11, 2006 at 9:43 AM Post #35 of 91
As many:
Broke my mdr-v150 twice by standing on it(I guess they deserve it
biggrin.gif
)
Riding with my chair over the cable.
my x5 slipped out of my pocket in the bus and fell on the floor, but I didn't feld/hear it, cause it was still playing music. Bus stops, I stand up and walk to the dear, suddenly the music stops--> my x5+e3c cable was stuck behind two chairs.

Jan 11, 2006 at 11:57 AM Post #36 of 91
I really abuse the curly cord on my hd280's. That cord is almost straight by the time I get to where im going. Im always afraid that I am going to break something. And one time I had them in my hand and had the strange sudden urge to stretch... so I stood up and stretched, completely forgetting that my ceiling fan was on full speed. Wasnt good.

I feel sorry for my 280s... but I still love them. I guess my noggin isnt big enough to have headband problems
280smile.gif

Jan 11, 2006 at 12:09 PM Post #38 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by Todd R
I accidentally played some Michael Bolton through them one time.
eek.gif

It took weeks for them to recover.

Consider yourself lucky you have any high frequency hearing left!
eek.gif

Jan 11, 2006 at 4:49 PM Post #41 of 91
Pulled the cable out one of my MX400s when it got stuck in my bag. I opened it up to try to fix it but it looked too finicky so that was the end of them.

Also I do the stepping on Sennheiser cord trick. Bloody annoying every time it happens. It's the only good part of Sennheiser's plug in cords, they can be plugged back in again without a soldering iron.

Jan 11, 2006 at 5:08 PM Post #42 of 91
I ripped off the plug for my Philips HP170's when I forgot I was wearing them, walked off and tripped over the cord. I also stepped on my HD201's and broke off one of the cups when I forgot to put it away at night. Hopefully I won't do something that dumb with my high end cans.

Jan 11, 2006 at 5:24 PM Post #43 of 91
I threw out a pair of Koss UR-20s or 30s back before I was into the hobby. The drivers were going out. Except, in retrospect, it was certainly the cable and would probably be an easy fix. Actually, I've parted with 2 or 3 pairs of decent low end headphones because of fixable problems. >:-*.

I've also turned the volume up way to high on a couple of my cans. Blasted a pair of Sony MDRV300s (thankfully) on a new amp I was trying out (had it turned all the way up on an unused input listening for residual hiss, forgot where the volume was when I switched it back over to the tuner. Luckily for my ears it was just talk radio).

My AD900s got a dose of high volume (knob at the 12 o clock position). They weren't on my head at the time. I was testing out some vintage cheapies (turns out they were DOA) and didn't realize the 900s were also plugged into the amp. One of the tech guys popped in and explained it was unlikely that I damaged them, and they still sound good. It was just quite a scare!

Jan 11, 2006 at 5:46 PM Post #44 of 91
Stood on my HD600's after coming home drunk and broke one of the earcups away from the headband. I had to glue it back on but it came off again without much provocation. Bought a replacement pair and relegated these to exercise bike and guitar amp duties LOL.

Jan 11, 2006 at 5:54 PM Post #45 of 91
Quote:

Originally Posted by CookieFactory
One night after copious amounts of alcohol I awoke in a drunken stupor to relieve myself of the Chipotle burrito I had consumed earlier that night, unfortunately I mistakened my AKG 701s for the toilet...you can guess how this ends.

It's not too hard to mistake for a toilet is it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back