Worst Recording
Jul 6, 2009 at 12:44 AM Post #16 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dublo7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The bonus disc to Radiohead's In Rainbows was quite bad. Lots of distortion.

Do you mean Disk 2? It was recorded and mastered along with Disk 1 In Rainbows. The only difference is that Disk 2 was only avaliable with the box set. There is distorion though, but I know Radiohead. They did it on purpose.

Jul 6, 2009 at 12:53 AM Post #17 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by Punnisher /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Mastodon's three latest albums are a tragedy. Such great music brickwalled.

Rush- Vapor Trails is one of the worst.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks that Crack the Skye sounds awful. Really great music though. Blood Mountain I can't even sit through.

Jul 6, 2009 at 5:51 AM Post #18 of 40
Any mixed-cassette tape pre-1995. LOL. Especially if left in the car and sun for months on end. "Is the deck broken, are the tweeters out"? haha.

Granted, I have a few mixtapes from the early 90s and late 80s which were well cared for and still sound alright.
tongue.gif

Jul 6, 2009 at 6:23 AM Post #19 of 40
"Icky Thump" by the White Stripes. The bass distortion is so bad it's almost un-listenable.

Jul 6, 2009 at 6:59 AM Post #20 of 40
The Amy Winehouse album... what is it? Back to Black?

Jul 6, 2009 at 9:21 AM Post #21 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by LingLing1337 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks that Crack the Skye sounds awful. Really great music though. Blood Mountain I can't even sit through.

Crack the Skye is at least listenable. Like I said, I can't make it through Blood Mountain. I have to turn it off after a while, or I get a splitting headache. Crack the Skye is brickwalled, but somehow, I can still listen to it all the way through. It doesn't sound good, but I put up with it because I absolutely love the songs.

Crack the Skye is an album that really warrants a good mix. Imagine that album with full dynamism and great sound? Oh man. It would make me melt.

Quote:

Originally Posted by salannelson /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Do you mean Disk 2? It was recorded and mastered along with Disk 1 In Rainbows. The only difference is that Disk 2 was only avaliable with the box set. There is distorion though, but I know Radiohead. They did it on purpose.

What makes you think they did it on purpose?

Jul 7, 2009 at 2:11 AM Post #24 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by analogbox /img/forum/go_quote.gif
"Icky Thump" by the White Stripes. The bass distortion is so bad it's almost un-listenable.

Have you heard the vinyl cut from the 1" masters at RTI?

I think it sounds great.. Michael Fremer does too. http://www.musicangle.com/album.php?id=567

The vinyl is a different master and an entirely analog process. It is all that is good in the audio world.
wink.gif

NK

Jul 7, 2009 at 6:09 AM Post #27 of 40
Lamb of Gods 'As The Palaces Burn' album is atrocious. Very overly compressed and sounds like a FM radio broadcast. To bad as I think the songs themselves are very good.

Winds of Plagues' 'Decimate the Weak' album is also pretty compressed, but nowhere near the level as Lamb of Gods...

Jul 7, 2009 at 6:53 AM Post #28 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zombie_X /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Lamb of Gods 'As The Palaces Burn' album is atrocious. Very overly compressed and sounds like a FM radio broadcast. To bad as I think the songs themselves are very good.

Winds of Plagues' 'Decimate the Weak' album is also pretty compressed, but nowhere near the level as Lamb of Gods...

I find it really hard to find metal albums that are mixed well.

Jul 7, 2009 at 6:59 AM Post #29 of 40
Stuff by 'Iced Earth' sounds very nice. All their stuff is mixed by SPV.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back