Worst IEM you've ever heard.
Jan 8, 2011 at 5:36 PM Post #17 of 149
I mean I've heard some bad IEMs but they were like 20 dollars max.

Among ones I felt were really overrated / bad to my ears were the SCL4 (e4c). Couldn't get over how little bass and how closed in they sounded!

Jan 8, 2011 at 5:56 PM Post #18 of 149
Did listen to the TF.10 once, although the comfort was fine, the sound was panned and had a severe imbalance. Some say it's due to the Shanghai humidity getting into the green/red filters. Maybe, because an overnight in an A/C'd room and next morning it did sound better. Still returned it though.

Jan 8, 2011 at 8:12 PM Post #22 of 149
Among the top tier universals I have heard I would say that the SE530 is the worst. Rolled off and harsh treble even though it has its own freaking driver for high frequencies and rolled off bass.

Mids are good, but then again the SE530's mids are overrated and don't really add much to the music to my ears compared to the TF10's mids. Yes the SE530's good mids makes the music sound much sweeter but the crappy treble just ruins that sweetness

Jan 8, 2011 at 8:51 PM Post #23 of 149
Top tier I agree the 530, Didn't care to much for the Q-jays ethier. 

Jan 9, 2011 at 12:08 AM Post #28 of 149
airline earbuds...even worse then airline on ears....the molding/fit/finish was HORRIBLE..i mean half of the perforations were closed, how do you expect any sound to even come out of the phones like that...sure, it's prebuilt damping whoopee...

Jan 9, 2011 at 3:24 AM Post #30 of 149
Worst overall: AudioSource IEBAS/IEWAS. Worse than any stock bud I've ever heard and actually worse than the $2.85 dealextreme IEMs.
Worst mid-range IEM: Skullcandy FMJ, Audio-Technica CK6, j-JAYS (in that order)
Worst 'high-end' IEM: Shure E4
Most disappointing: UE700

Users who are viewing this thread

Back