Worst headphones in the world?
Oct 4, 2012 at 11:32 AM Post #31 of 38
Worst headphones that are supposed to be good are the B&W P5 that I heard a few weeks back. Muffled boring sound that really disappointed me after reading some fairly positive reviews.

Oct 4, 2012 at 3:04 PM Post #32 of 38
These United Airlines headphones may superficially look ok, but they're supremely uncomfortable, shrill, muddy, and provide zero isolation.  Like UA, they give the surface appearance of providing a function, but with the most unpleasant user experience possible.

Dec 18, 2013 at 6:47 AM Post #35 of 38

Did anyone try listening to the airplane headphones using their good portable rigs?

Thats suicide. :D

In the interests of science, and personal pain, I dragged my Sony MDR-NC6 out and plugged them into my NobSound MS-10d tube amp to compare them to TakStar 80, KSC-75, etc.

I even replaced the pads with the extras that came with my HA-S-500.

Why? Ouch.

No, the gear and ODAC won't help.

Bad is as bad does.

Narrow nearly mono sound-stage, completely 2-d, lack of detail across the FR, missing harmonics everywhere, no mid lushness, no bass, zero deep bass, the anti-thesis of a basshead, midrange head, soundstage head or neutral head can.

They lasted 90 seconds before I pulled them off. Played 2 tracks and threw in the towel. Life is too short.

They are just bad.

An AM radio in a 1960's auto would sound far superior.

Dec 26, 2013 at 7:20 AM Post #36 of 38
whatever headphones YOU are currently using now!!!! time to upgrade 
wink.gif
 true story

May 19, 2014 at 12:43 AM Post #37 of 38
New one - Denon AH-W150
I was disappoint.

not 2 weeks after getting them and only about 3 hours on there the left earbud fell off. Sound quality was BASS, BASS and a little bit of mid. Bluetooth worked a pro if they were within a metre of the device and you couldn't have them under your waistline or they wouldn't work and broke up. shame.
Also, they didn't fit under my Arai which is always a negative. 

They were uncomfortable to get a proper fit and were totally not worth the $190nz I paid for them, promptly returned them and got some d340's instead. Lovely cans. 

You'd think Denon would be able to crap out something a little better for that amount of money! 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back