Worst Fanboys?
Dec 18, 2011 at 6:14 AM Post #526 of 636

Quote:
Moffat-era Who fanboys. Bland writing, uninteresting situations, and character personalities stolen from a Macy's window display. The series no longer cradles wit and originality in its short stubby arms, but arrogance, stupidity, a person amalgam of the very idiots who turned intellectuals and shut-ins to Doctor Who in the first place. Moffat sold our dreams to the enemy.

Hey, wow, someone who feels the same way I do about the newest Who.

Watching Moffat-era Who makes me grind my teeth in annoyance. It's like the writing is trying really hard to be quirky, and comes off as predictably "off beat," like that annoying kid in school who talked really fast about fantasy novels and ate his own boogers to try and impress everyone.

Moffat almost reminds me of Grant Morrison if he were to stop eating peyote for breakfast and switch to Wholegrain Total. 

Dec 18, 2011 at 7:49 AM Post #527 of 636
Sounds similar to Coupling. Still a great show, but can be mood dependent or simply obvious at times. Guess it has worked well enough for him though.

My younger brother is a fan of his writing in doctor who (no, he is an adult. But no, he hasn't seen the old series). Speaking of old sci-fi, anyone else watched Blake's seven? 

Jan 7, 2012 at 6:39 PM Post #529 of 636
If you're a fan of Blake's Seven (I enjoy the less ancient clone, Farscape), you make be interested in this: http://bigf.eu/news/Blakes-7-New-Audiobooks-and-Novels-in-2012-

Jan 8, 2012 at 6:27 AM Post #531 of 636
worst fanboys are obviously star wars fanboys.

Jan 8, 2012 at 11:17 AM Post #532 of 636
worst fanboys are obviously star trek fanboys.

Jan 8, 2012 at 2:21 PM Post #536 of 636
Off-topic much...
I find Android fanboys to be the worst. Tend to be hipsters hopped up on how much more RAM they have and all I say is you can't even get a game that requires that, cue Infinity Blade II demonstration. Cue jaws dropping, cue stammering. Just to kick them while they are down I tell them I also choose iPhone for the camera, screen, and most importantly...
THE WOOLFSON DAC!!!!!!!!

Jan 8, 2012 at 2:40 PM Post #538 of 636
Off-topic much...

I find Android fanboys to be the worst. Tend to be hipsters hopped up on how much more RAM they have and all I say is you can't even get a game that requires that, cue Infinity Blade II demonstration. Cue jaws dropping, cue stammering. Just to kick them while they are down I tell them I also choose iPhone for the camera, screen, and most importantly...

THE WOOLFSON DAC!!!!!!!!

android can kick the iPhones butt any day of the week... except audio day :p

Jan 8, 2012 at 3:05 PM Post #540 of 636
The worst fanboys are the following- 

Beats by Dr. Dre

Call of Duty

Twilight

Any bandwagon sports fan

Fans of fake wrestling

North-Face apparel

Vail and Aspen ski mountains

People who drive SUVs and don't even use snow tires because they insist their all season tires and 4-wheel drive will be enough. Not to mention they have 1 kid but try to explain the extra room is justified, then complain about gas prices. 

Wholefoods fanboys

Organic food fanboys 

Any smartphone or tablet fanboy -  Majority of people who have them don't even need them.  I see a group of people at a restaurant all with their smartphones out and they're not even talking to one another.

Facebook fanboys - Its fine for group chats and stuff like that but everything else seems so superficial.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back