Worst Fanboys?
Apr 3, 2007 at 3:34 PM Post #46 of 636
Quote:

Originally Posted by khbaur330162 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
K340 cult ('nough said)

K701 was hyped up pretty well for a while there

K501 "It's the best for jazz period! Who said this had no bass?!”

K1000 "If you don't like this headphone then you don't know what you're talking about and can never understand what enjoying music is even about." and "ERS paper makes my think that one is in Valhalla because their is so much fake detail it sounds like life."

Oh, and then there's Fitz touting the brand's old product line(s) like it was the second coming of Chris;,actually giving them away for free, spreading the goodness that is God's gift to Earth, "AKG."

wink.gif

Don't get me started on the Lossy/Lossless fanboys. Those guys go for blood man.

plus they also make love to their cans then put a picture of it up for the whole forum to see

Apr 3, 2007 at 3:59 PM Post #47 of 636
I guess I'm curious what the OP's definition of "worse" means. Does that mean rabid enthusiasm and a tendency to over-post or does that mean when some cross the line into personal attacks (not good-natured digs)? I think most fanboyism (in my case, fangirlism) is healthy on this forum and kept in check, balanced perhaps by fanboys of an opposing camp. For me, "worse" means when fanboys, who may or may not have much experience beyond what they like best, refuse to allow others who have different preferences, or hear things differently to state their experience without attack. When head-fiers are told that they are not hearing right, or their headphones must be a bad pair, or their opinions are less valid than the fanboys' are, that's crossing a line. There have been a few threads like that of late, but they have calmed down, and rightfully so. It's probably been this way since head-fi started. In the end, I think most people mean well. It's just how it goes. I like following it all, and manage to learn quite a bit along the way.

By the way, the Bose bashing is just stupid. Bose makes better headphones than many that the bashers own (yes, I've checked your sigs and profiles), and the gang-bang mentality seems to be a youthful (read immature) thing: let's feel good about knowing something other people don't and then make them feel stupid so we can feel cool. Forget fanboys. This is head-fi at its worst. Extremely uncool.

Apr 3, 2007 at 4:04 PM Post #48 of 636
I would say AKG--- for demonizing all other headphones.

followed by Grado- for comming up with all kinds of excuses as to why their cans are not distorted sounding... including that whole "head/frequency response/natural/neutral" theory.

Apr 3, 2007 at 4:15 PM Post #50 of 636
Quote:

Originally Posted by khbaur330162 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh, and then there's Fitz touting the brand's old product line(s) like it was the second coming of Chris;,actually giving them away for free, spreading the goodness that is God's gift to Earth, "AKG."

What Chris does in the privacy of his own home is none of my business, mate.
blink.gif

And it's not God's gift to Earth, AKG is a creation of man, thus proving our status as the ultimate species.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kukrisna /img/forum/go_quote.gif
plus they also make love to their cans then put a picture of it up for the whole forum to see

To my knowledge I have never done this. While nikongod is part of the AKG family, he's sort of a little.. off in the head, you see. Ate too many churros as a little kid, so he can't really help it.
frown.gif

Apr 3, 2007 at 4:37 PM Post #52 of 636
I'm very dissapointed that despite all the threads, the entheusiasm, driving the price through the roof and trying our hardest to convert the world to planar goodness, Stax seems to have almost no fanboy recognition! How is this possible?
blink.gif

We try and try and yet I find our fanboyism goes entirely unappreciated. What does it take to get you people to accept us for the blatant, pushy fanboys we are.
mad.gif

I don't know what else to say. I'm crushed
frown.gif

Apr 3, 2007 at 4:46 PM Post #54 of 636
Quote:

Originally Posted by smeggy /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I don't know what else to say. I'm crushed
frown.gif

Turn that
frown.gif
into a
very_evil_smiley.gif
and then you'll be considered as a pushy fanboy
tongue.gif
biggrin.gif

Boomania made an excellent point that fanboyism is bad when people degrade others for having different ears or tastes...even going as far as to say the others can't hear right or don't know what a good sounding headphone should sound like. I also concur with her on too much Bose bashing
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 3, 2007 at 4:51 PM Post #55 of 636
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fitz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What Chris does in the privacy of his own home is none of my business, mate.
blink.gif
(

I spit up my Pepsi all over my monitor on that one! Thanks Fitz.

Apr 3, 2007 at 4:54 PM Post #56 of 636
almost everyone recommends a grado. They push grados....I have the two headphones and my buddy is pushing me to get RS2's.

Apr 3, 2007 at 5:06 PM Post #59 of 636
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tantra /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Grado; they basicly sounds the "same", and the fan's overrate the difference in relation to the price you have to pay for the difference
evil_smiley.gif

graphCompare.php

I listen to music with Grados -- I don't read frequency response graphs with Grados.
rolleyes.gif

Apr 3, 2007 at 5:10 PM Post #60 of 636
Haha. That response to the graph thing is very Grado Fanboyish ;p I mean not that I give any heed to graphs (Yet), but still ;p

Edit: Guessing you were parodying though since you don't own any ;p Btw I just got my M.S. from Santa Clara U!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back