worst date stories
May 24, 2013 at 2:15 PM Post #46 of 1,450
Quote:
I was trying the online dating thing for a bit. The very first girl I was chatting up, we decided to meet up at a music event. Low key, no pressure, public space, etc. She was nervous and asked if she could bring a friend along. Well ok, that seems like a reasonable precaution, and this is just a meetup to get to know each other right?

So it turns out she brought a date along.

That she also met online.

This was their first date. 

Are you laughing with me?

That is a serious What moment.  I've been encouraged to try the whole on line dating stuff by friends who have found their husbands/wives through it, but haven't actually signed up for one yet.  

May 25, 2013 at 4:34 AM Post #47 of 1,450
That is a serious What moment.  I've been encouraged to try the whole on line dating stuff by friends who have found their husbands/wives through it, but haven't actually signed up for one yet.  

I seriously have no idea how people use these services to find their life partners.

May 25, 2013 at 6:46 AM Post #48 of 1,450
Quote:
Aha the old back up date trick
biggrin.gif
  Did it ever occur to you she may have been looking for a 3sum?

That guy looked even more confused than I did. Meh, I laughed it off. Considering my other adventures in online dating, that one comes in maaaaaybe in third place for What factor.

May 25, 2013 at 12:16 PM Post #49 of 1,450
Quote:

That guy looked even more confused than I did. Meh, I laughed it off. Considering my other adventures in online dating, that one comes in maaaaaybe in third place for What factor.

Well some times things do take a turn for the surreal.

Attended a play with a girlfriend her husband and his girlfriend. Can you say "Awkward"

May 25, 2013 at 2:09 PM Post #50 of 1,450
Quote:
Quote:

Well some times things do take a turn for the surreal.

Attended a play with a girlfriend her husband and his girlfriend. Can you say "Awkward"

Whoa! 
eek.gif
  If you also tell me that your girlfriend's husband's girlfriend was your ex-wife, Ima have to give you award you some awesomeness. 
biggrin.gif

May 25, 2013 at 2:20 PM Post #51 of 1,450
Quote:

Whoa! 
eek.gif
  If you also tell me that your girlfriend's husband's girlfriend was your ex-wife, Ima have to give you award you some awesomeness. 
biggrin.gif

No I am afraid you will have to keep the award. Didn't know the husbands girlfriend at all

May 25, 2013 at 2:29 PM Post #52 of 1,450
Well I'll just keep it safe for ya... have a feeling your gonna win it for something or other soon enough.

May 25, 2013 at 2:31 PM Post #53 of 1,450
You want to talk online dating, here's a good one for you. I tried meeting someone once on Plenty Of Fish which in hindsight I can't help but think I was crazy. I messaged a few women on there and started chatting with this one woman who seemed alright. Her pictures, the way she was dressed, looked a little dated though but I thought nothing of it because according to her profile she was my age. After a month or so of chatting online we agreed to meet for coffee at Starbucks.

I get there and I'm sitting there playing around with my player and headphones when a woman walks in walks over to my table and says hi. I look, look again and then do a triple take just to be sure. It's the girl I saw in the POF profile pic alright only problem is she's a good 25 years older then I expected if not more.

I say hi and invite her to sit down all the while I'm trying to figure out what to say to get out of there without sounding overly rude. That's when I look at her hands and notice her ring finger has a white mark from wearing a ring. Shes stepping out cheating on her husband is the next thought that hits me.

Forget it, I wasn't going to just sit there and take the chance on getting punched by some pissed off husband who might suddenly come storming in. I told her straight up I was mot interested in anyone who was married and i was leaving. She responded by saying she wasn't married. When I pointed to her ring hand and asked her to explain the band mark she turned red and looked away looking rather embarrassed all the while mumbling something about what the big deal was, her husband was a ahole. I grabbed my jacket and got out of there quick.

Moral of the story, stay away from POF. It's little more then a pick up joint with tons of cheaters.

May 25, 2013 at 3:50 PM Post #54 of 1,450
I'll be honest here.  When the thread first started up, I'd thought it'd be a barrel of laughs.  But some of these stories are like totally messed up and stuff. 
blink.gif
  Just glad that none of y'all got [permanently] hurt.

May 25, 2013 at 4:04 PM Post #55 of 1,450
Quote:
Well I'll just keep it safe for ya... have a feeling your gonna win it for something or other soon enough.

I think I'm pretty safe right now.  I'm so gunshy if a woman says hello I'm as likely to jump into the nearest dumpster as say hi
biggrin.gif

May 25, 2013 at 4:04 PM Post #56 of 1,450
Quote:
I'll be honest here.  When the thread first started up, I'd thought it'd be a barrel of laughs.  But some of these stories are like totally messed up and stuff. 
blink.gif

Were here, aren't we
wink.gif

May 25, 2013 at 4:10 PM Post #57 of 1,450
Quote:
Quote:

I think I'm pretty safe right now.  I'm so gunshy if a woman says hello I'm as likely to jump into the nearest dumpster as say hi
biggrin.gif

From the looks of things, that might be the safer option these days.

Quote:
Quote:
blink.gif

Were here, aren't we
wink.gif

Yup, some with scars, but no limbs lost so that's good.

May 25, 2013 at 4:14 PM Post #58 of 1,450
Quote:

From the looks of things, that might be the safer option these days.

Yup, some with scars, but no limbs lost so that's good.

I wonder if there is any correlation to equipment purchases and mental anguish
triportsad.gif

May 25, 2013 at 4:31 PM Post #59 of 1,450
Well, DF has gotten a rash of good gear lately.  And he seems pretty happy.  So I'd hazard a guess that we're looking at an inverse relationship?

May 25, 2013 at 4:39 PM Post #60 of 1,450
Quote:
blink.gif

I've only got tales of sadness and anger...

well... I suppose the transvestite was funny in hindsight.

Quote:
I wonder if there is any correlation to equipment purchases and mental anguish
triportsad.gif

So that's how I wound up with my HE-6... and the Dacmini... and the Nuforce stuff... man this has been a rough year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back