worst date stories
May 23, 2013 at 3:12 PM Post #16 of 1,450
I've got a few.

Perhaps the worst was when I was 17. Girl I was going out with wanted me to meet her parents. Little did I (and they) know, she had planned to use me as a prop for her coming out to them.

It was a disaster. Standing there looking down at my feet while everyone was screaming at each other. Talk about awkward.

May 23, 2013 at 4:43 PM Post #17 of 1,450
I have no stories to contribute. Partially since girls have a habit of not showing, but alas, can't win them all.
rolleyes.gif

I've got a few.

Perhaps the worst was when I was 17. Girl I was going out with wanted me to meet her parents. Little did I (and they) know, she had planned to use me as a prop for her coming out to them.

It was a disaster. Standing there looking down at my feet while everyone was screaming at each other. Talk about awkward.

Whew. That does sound damn awkward.

May 23, 2013 at 5:19 PM Post #18 of 1,450
Quote:

That is SOOOO mean! 
eek.gif
  Did they get on your case thinking that you were a bad influence?  That would have been especially horrid I would think.

May 23, 2013 at 5:35 PM Post #19 of 1,450
Quote:

That is SOOOO mean! 
eek.gif
  Did they get on your case thinking that you were a bad influence?  That would have been especially horrid I would think.

Actually they mostly ignored me, for better or worse. They left me there on the sofa all alone after a while when they stormed off to their respective rooms. For reals: I basically saw myself out the door!

The most irksome thing about it was that she didn't tell me in advance. I thought they already knew. I mean, had I known I could have helped support her or something, but it just totally blindsided me.

May 23, 2013 at 5:38 PM Post #20 of 1,450
Quote:
Actually they mostly ignored me, for better or worse. They left me there on the sofa all alone after a while when they stormed off to their respective rooms. For reals: I basically saw myself out the door!

The most irksome thing about it was that she didn't tell me in advance. I thought they already knew. I mean, had I known I could have helped support her or something, but it just totally blindsided me.

Well it's not as if people at 17 are all that amazing with regards to foresight, etc. Not exactly the proudest few years of most peoples lives.

May 23, 2013 at 5:47 PM Post #21 of 1,450
Quote:
Quote:
That is SOOOO mean! 
eek.gif

Actually they mostly ignored me, for better or worse.

Nope, better.  Definitely better. 
redface.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuppetFace /img/forum/go_quote.gif

They left me there on the sofa all alone after a while when they stormed off to their respective rooms. For reals: I basically saw myself out the door!

Honestly, that was probably the best thing for you... other than the crappy night leading up to the departure that is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuppetFace /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yeah, I'm guessing the relationship didn't last too long after that. 
frown.gif

May 23, 2013 at 5:56 PM Post #22 of 1,450
Quote:
I have no stories to contribute. Partially since girls have a habit of not showing, but alas, can't win them all.
rolleyes.gif

Hah, if I had a nickel for every time that happened... well... I'd have a buck or so
rolleyes.gif

Quote:
Well it's not as if people at 17 are all that amazing with regards to foresight, etc. Not exactly the proudest few years of most peoples lives.

I didn't even start dating until I was 19, and was in a all boy's high school. I missed out on all the teenage girl drama. Lucky me right?

May 23, 2013 at 6:11 PM Post #23 of 1,450
First dates are a crap shoot and can be awkward. A lot of mine were based on physical attraction and not mental compatibility. CRAZY comes to mind.......! I never left one high and dry but it can be pretty harsh to set them straight about sharing some time vs making marriage plans after one meet. After about 22, I stopped dating and found a few compatible accomplices while I learned about myself and figured out that it's not all about the physical. Hormones........

May 23, 2013 at 6:59 PM Post #24 of 1,450
Are you saying you're basing your future relationship decisions on emotional compatibility? I'm intrigued by your ideas sir, and wish to subscribe to your newsletter...

May 24, 2013 at 1:23 AM Post #25 of 1,450
In the vein of greatest misses.

About a thousand years ago there was an upscale little lounge on the water here where one would go after work to wind down.

I was sitting there having a drink and chatting with a German friend who had just gotten back into town.

About an hour later two ladies come in dressed in the obligatory well tailored power suits. Dave starts chatting them up and life is good. I know Daves not on the pull because at the time he was totally gay (another story there
tongue.gif
)

Things are going quite well and the two ladies figure it would be a good night to hit a film. So far so good.

One more round of drinks and all is still going well. We finish up and just as we are about to pay the check. Dave, in complete seriousness turns to the lady he had been talking to and in complete earnestness asks "You used to be a man, right?"

The pregnant silence (broken only by the bartender spitting an ice cube damn near through a mirror) that ensued until they tore that place down.

May 24, 2013 at 1:30 AM Post #26 of 1,450
May 24, 2013 at 1:32 AM Post #27 of 1,450
Quote:

blink.gif
  At the time?

As I said that is another story, and I am not sure even I can get it straight. Interesting character the like of which I have not seen before or since.

May 24, 2013 at 1:33 AM Post #28 of 1,450
Wow. Dave takes the cake on that one. 

That reminds me of this one time, she actually did turn out to be a he. It ended rather non-dramatically, but still 
size]

May 24, 2013 at 1:34 AM Post #29 of 1,450

Users who are viewing this thread

Back