Worst customer service you've ever received
Apr 6, 2011 at 10:45 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

kenniepark

New Head-Fier
I'm curious to see which companies are known for their excellent customer service and which ones you should stay away from. What better place to ask than head-fi?

Personal stories are a plus!

Apr 6, 2011 at 2:39 PM Post #2 of 12
I know with UE, I've dealt with many good customer service reps. They quickly took my UE TF10s regardless of the problem. Within 1 year I returned my TF10s 5 times... Bad quality cables with great customer service... Cant complain for a $100 dollar item...

Worst customer service has to be with Monster. They made me jump from department to department 2-3 times into dead ends. This happened every time I called them.

Apr 6, 2011 at 2:55 PM Post #3 of 12
worst: AKG (aka harmon kardon) sent them a email regarding a pair of physically blemished AKG k430's asking for a replacement or solution and they told me they couldn't do anything about it even though it was less than a month old. I replied stating that it was a gift and they never replied again

Apr 12, 2011 at 9:43 PM Post #6 of 12

Worst customer service I ever received:
1. ALO audio. I sent them a cable of theirs they charge $500 for (HD800 cable), and needed it to be reterminated with HD800 connectors added to it. Probably one hour of work max. They sent it back and said  I'm out of luck, that I shouldn’t have damaged a ‘perfectly good cable’ and that it would cost them over the cost of the cable to repair it. Basically they were saying it would cost them over $500 in labor to do what Moon Audio ended up doing for me, for $50 dollars. ALO was not only an unethical company, but an immoral one.

2. JH Audio. They rarely responded to any of my emails. When I ordered JH16 I accidently ordered clear instead of black cable. After several emails they finally got back to me and said I cannot change my cable. Their color gradiant selection is hard to tell because it’s so small. So the color I picked wasn't orange like I wanted, but more pink. After a few emails they finally responded, said I'm not allowed to change my color. At this time, I had a hard time finding an ear mold audiologist nearby, so I decided to cancel my order outright. No impressions were sent in, so I figured it’s not a big deal. Again, four emails sent, until they reply and say that they don’t allow you to cancel your order. The story isn’t done!!! The IEMs finally come in, and the right side isn’t a good fit. I email them three times asking how to go about the refitting procedure, and I get no response. So I just said screw it, and sold it to someone on headfi. W.T.F.

Apr 12, 2011 at 10:15 PM Post #7 of 12

Quote:
Worst customer service I ever received:
1. ALO audio. I sent them a cable of theirs they charge $500 for (HD800 cable), and needed it to be reterminated with HD800 connectors added to it. Probably one hour of work max. They sent it back and said  I'm out of luck, that I shouldn’t have damaged a ‘perfectly good cable’ and that it would cost them over the cost of the cable to repair it. Basically they were saying it would cost them over $500 in labor to do what Moon Audio ended up doing for me, for $50 dollars. ALO was not only an unethical company, but an immoral one.

2. JH Audio. They rarely responded to any of my emails. When I ordered JH16 I accidently ordered clear instead of black cable. After several emails they finally got back to me and said I cannot change my cable. Their color gradiant selection is hard to tell because it’s so small. So the color I picked wasn't orange like I wanted, but more pink. After a few emails they finally responded, said I'm not allowed to change my color. At this time, I had a hard time finding an ear mold audiologist nearby, so I decided to cancel my order outright. No impressions were sent in, so I figured it’s not a big deal. Again, four emails sent, until they reply and say that they don’t allow you to cancel your order. The story isn’t done!!! The IEMs finally come in, and the right side isn’t a good fit. I email them three times asking how to go about the refitting procedure, and I get no response. So I just said screw it, and sold it to someone on headfi. W.T.F.

JH Audio never responded to any of my emails. I was thinking about getting a pair of JH5 Pro's and asked them a few questions via email but never received a response back. Though I've heard good things about their IEM''s I eventually went with another company. AndrewG: I think it's crazy that they wouldn't take care of you, seeing that you purchased a $1150 IEM!! 
confused_face.gif

I used to get good customer service from Ultimate Ears but after they switched over to Logitech, they just became a part of another corporate giant. I currently ordered a pair of 1964 EARs and their service is mediocre at best. So far, the only GOOD customer service I have consistently received was from Westone. Am I just a lemon or can anyone else vouch for me??

Apr 12, 2011 at 10:44 PM Post #8 of 12
1964 ears build times and such are far from the industry standard. but i find that they stand behind their products and are willing to work with the customer to make it work out in the end.

Quote:
JH Audio never responded to any of my emails. I was thinking about getting a pair of JH5 Pro's and asked them a few questions via email but never received a response back. Though I've heard good things about their IEM''s I eventually went with another company. AndrewG: I think it's crazy that they wouldn't take care of you, seeing that you purchased a $1150 IEM!! 
confused_face.gif

I used to get good customer service from Ultimate Ears but after they switched over to Logitech, they just became a part of another corporate giant. I currently ordered a pair of 1964 EARs and their service is mediocre at best. So far, the only GOOD customer service I have consistently received was from Westone. Am I just a lemon or can anyone else vouch for me??

Apr 12, 2011 at 10:46 PM Post #9 of 12
I bought 4 new tires at price smart some months ago, and they suppose to come with a guarantee ....
3 months later 2 were ruined. And i went there but they showed me a line that claims that "damage on the side of the tires isnt covered because its due to bad driving habits" which is totally a lie! So one were on the side and the other .... Well, when they check the tired they say its "in between" but when they are on the car is in the center part... Still they refused.

Never bought firestone, and never trust price smart guarantee.

Now i have all 4 firelli from other seller and its all OK.

Apr 12, 2011 at 10:48 PM Post #10 of 12
progger, why would you want to buy from somebody other than the fluffy...rubbery pastry guy?

michelin-man.jpg

Apr 12, 2011 at 10:59 PM Post #11 of 12

Quote:
confused_face.gif

It's funny because Ultimate Ears was run by Jerry Harvey originally. So, it seems like he used to have good customer service, but when he started JH Audio a few years later and his ex wife did customer service, the service became worse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back