Worst cheese you smelled?
Oct 30, 2009 at 5:01 AM Post #16 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by appophylite /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Seriously? You're a braver man than I am...

I imagine you'd take the plunge if it was presented to you. It is illegal, after all, so it'd be rude to refuse.

Oct 30, 2009 at 6:13 AM Post #17 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sherwood /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I imagine you'd take the plunge if it was presented to you. It is illegal, after all, so it'd be rude to refuse.

That is the unfortunate and scary thought...Knowing full well that it is illegal and whoever is presenting it to me would obviously have gone through a lot of trouble to obtain it and carry it, I guess I'd have to take at least a bite or two...

Oct 30, 2009 at 7:05 AM Post #18 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by appophylite /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That is the unfortunate and scary thought...Knowing full well that it is illegal and whoever is presenting it to me would obviously have gone through a lot of trouble to obtain it and carry it, I guess I'd have to take at least a bite or two...

Glad to hear it. Shall I expect you for dinner around 7?
darthsmile.gif

Oct 30, 2009 at 7:27 AM Post #19 of 26
A tie between Gammalost and Pultost.
I get shivers down my neck just by thinking about them...

Nov 1, 2009 at 9:25 PM Post #21 of 26
The worst cheese I ever smelled wasn't actually cheese at all.
frown.gif

Nov 1, 2009 at 10:06 PM Post #23 of 26
So far for me the stinkiest cheese I've sniffed has been Beer Kase

Nov 2, 2009 at 2:15 AM Post #25 of 26
I agree that Limburger smells pretty bad but tastes quite good once you get past the smell; however, the absolute most foul, rancid smelling cheese that I've ever encountered was Stinking Bishop. Hands down. Period. The worst. I couldn't even eat it.

Nov 2, 2009 at 4:32 AM Post #26 of 26
I'm not sure of the variety, but my undergrad roommates and I found it in the refrigerator when we were clearing it out at the end of the year.

We considered donating it to the biology department, but instead decided to leave it out where pigeons and rats would find it. They wouldn't touch it, either.

And you do not want to know about the multicolored hot dogs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back