Worst CD You Bought Cuz of its Audiophile Cred
Sep 19, 2008 at 7:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

McPanse

100+ Head-Fier
For me, it has to be Jennifer Warnes' Famous Blue Raincoat. To think that for just $8 I could have bought the Leonard Cohen tribute album I'm Your Fan instead. I'll take REM's version of "First We Take Manhattan" over Jennifer Warnes' any day.

Second runner up is Dire Straits' Brothers in Arms. The well worn hits are what the are, but what's up with that smooth jazz number in the middle?

Sep 19, 2008 at 10:05 PM Post #2 of 8
I'd like to nominate Mannheim Steamroller for a lifetime achievement honor in this category.

See ya
Steve

Sep 19, 2008 at 10:18 PM Post #3 of 8
Diana Krall, Girl in the other room.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Sounds great but is so boring
confused_face.gif

Sep 20, 2008 at 2:15 AM Post #5 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by bigshot /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'd like to nominate Mannheim Steamroller for a lifetime achievement honor in this category.

See ya
Steve

Fresh Aire I fresh
Fresh Aire II fresh
Fresh Aire III almost fresh
Fresh Aire IV not fresh
Fresh Aire V refreshed
Fresh Aire VI getting stale - digital birds?
Fresh Aire VII stale, and pretentious to boot
Fresh Aire VIII stale, and deja vu too

I used to be a big fan.
redface.gif
redface.gif
redface.gif
redface.gif
redface.gif
redface.gif
redface.gif
redface.gif
redface.gif
redface.gif
redface.gif
redface.gif
redface.gif

Sep 20, 2008 at 10:05 AM Post #8 of 8
Hehehehe I like this thread. I think that at some point or another everyone getting a bit seriously into audio purchases some disc for its sound quality more than for the music.
My regrettable purchases:

Jacintha: Any of her discs, I got a XRCD which cost me an arm and part of a leg (for being a damn CD), and other couple of CDs. She has the same level of soul and feelings singing than a codfish. She bores you as much as she seems to be getting bored while singing. Stay away from them:
688856.jpg

606972.jpg

883898.jpg

The other one is the famous "Jazz at the Pawnshop".
1130448.jpg

OK, there are a lot of ambient noises, people chat, and whatever you may need to pay attention to anything else than the music. The music is bad, plainly bad, those scandinavian jazzmen don't have a clue of what's jazz about. You just need to listen to their Take Five after listening the "real" one by Brubeck, either on their studio recording in "Time Out" or any of the renditions live. Maybe this recording is worth it if you need to know if you're aware what's jazz about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back