Worst band names
Jan 31, 2009 at 5:03 PM Post #797 of 913
I find it hard to fault a band for having a "pretentious" band name. Just the act of a group of people naming themselves is about as pretentious as you can get.

Oh, and for anyone wondering what An_l C_nt is.... fill the blanks in with a and u respectively.

Jan 31, 2009 at 5:21 PM Post #798 of 913
Quote:

Originally Posted by DieInAFire /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hoobastank

I never do X2's, but...hell yeah, in this case, X2. It's like they sat around and said, "Hey, let's come up with the most inane, annoying, dumbass name possible. Yeah, that's the ticket."

When they first appeared, I thought, "Oh well, at least they'll get their five minutes and then head for rehab. A group with that dumb a name can't last." I just saw a big online ad for them on some website or other. Sigh.

Feb 1, 2009 at 2:38 AM Post #800 of 913
The ****** Buttons

Feb 3, 2009 at 9:33 PM Post #802 of 913
The devil wears prada.

i mean c'mon...really? makes me wanna punch somebody.

Feb 4, 2009 at 11:24 AM Post #804 of 913
Quote:

Originally Posted by DrBenway /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've also got another inane, dumbass band name:

Airborne Toxic Event.

Haven't heard them; maybe they're great. But the pretentious, obscure name doesn't exactly pique my curiosity, know what I mean?

I actually loathe this band's music, but the name is taken from White Noise, one of the finest examples of postmodern literature. Time magazine went so far as to name it one of the "100 Best English-language Novels from 1923 to 2005".

Anyways, back on topic:
Del tha Funkee Homosapien
3Oh!3 (named after my area code...)
A Silver Mt. Zion is a decent band name in itself, but when they started adding to it (Thee Silver Mt Zion Memorial Orchestra & Tra-La-La Band With Choir, etc) it became ridiculous
IWRESTLEDABEARONCE
!!! (probably already mentioned, but it bears repeating. Can't say it, can't google it...)

Feb 6, 2009 at 1:53 PM Post #809 of 913
Quote:

Originally Posted by Quaddy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Manson-Nixon Line

Dude, that is a great name!
tongue_smile.gif
In fact, it is hilarious (and appropriate, too!)

Feb 7, 2009 at 1:59 AM Post #810 of 913
Butthole Surfers
Aloha
atsmile.gif

Headphile808

Users who are viewing this thread

Back