Worst "Almost High End" Equipment You've Heard
Aug 10, 2008 at 5:39 AM Post #31 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by QQQ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm talking that high-end is a term, which SHOULD be applied when describing sound, not price-range. Even though it takes a lot of effort to make a really high-end sounding gear which leads to high retail prices, we should not automatically correlate sound quality and price.

Exactly!

Aug 10, 2008 at 8:47 AM Post #32 of 39
QQQ, get over yourself and try to not be so defensive. Simply stated going to meets and hearing more and more gear can do nothing but expand a persons knowledge of the gear we are discussing. What you talk about is your business and I did not directly state or imply you were not free to do so, not that I coudl 'prohibit you' anyway.

Aug 10, 2008 at 9:34 AM Post #33 of 39
What's "defensive" in my behavior?
You've made premature comment about my experience, i've respectfully pointed on it. No need to take it any further...

Aug 10, 2008 at 9:59 AM Post #34 of 39
as much as id like to hear so me super high end stuff theres no point cause ill never buy it!

i guess ive limited myself to the bottom of the high end [by high end i mean for the masses]

Aug 13, 2008 at 6:13 AM Post #35 of 39
It's starting to look like there's not much bad stuff in the almost high end range.....

Anyone else want to add to the "worst almost high end equipment they've heard"?
devil_face.gif

USG

Aug 13, 2008 at 7:11 AM Post #36 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by M0T0XGUY /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's very possible that you just didn't get a proper seal. According to people more familiar with the subject, fit is crucial to the Qualia's sound signature; even a small leak completely zaps the bass response.

I think Ultrasone has that too. I let a friend try my DJ1-Pros, and she said she couldn't hear any bass. I told her to fiddle with the seal and watched. Then she stopped moving her hands and just grinned.

Sort of on topic, but them AKG K340s really aren't sounding all that great to me. Though I know they are a crapshoot with performance.

Aug 21, 2008 at 11:05 AM Post #37 of 39
My disappointments:

I've tried the Stax Omega twice on different occasions and hated it almost as much as the dull K530LTD. That blanket over the top end was far too exagerrated for my liking.

I can't stand the US E9, no matter what amp it is plugged in. Even a SA5000 is really natural in comparison.

The K1000 was at least allright, but as I'm not that clinical Mahler and Tchaikoswky listening type, I have no problem at all not to own one.

Same with the famous PS1, nice sound overall, but I had hoped for something noticeable better than a MS1 or a SR225 and did not find that many improvements.

Aug 21, 2008 at 11:37 AM Post #38 of 39
K1000 - isn't necessarilly bad, but it's certainly one of the more overhyped phones to my ears.

Alessandro MS-Pro - a very musica headphone, but lack of any real detail, in of itself not bad untill its price is considered

Sennheiser HD25 - good isolation, very average sound in every way.

Etymotic ER-4P - extremely detailed but an overall, but as a whole left me wanting a lot more from them.

The runner up for most overated/worst the:
HD650 - despite loving my HD600's, I just can't seem to find the positive in this cans, overpowering muddy bass and vieled mids and highs.

And to my ears the most overated/worst headphone:
AKG701 - such a boring and bland headphone with little to no characterisation of its own.

(Please note, the above is just my opinion and I do not mean to offend anyone).

Aug 21, 2008 at 1:20 PM Post #39 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by nickchen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My disappointments:

I've tried the Stax Omega twice on different occasions and hated it almost as much as the dull K530LTD. That blanket over the top end was far too exagerrated for my liking.

May be worth giving one of the SR-007 (Omega II) models a go.
wink.gif

Cause from what I have read they are a clear step up from the SR-Omega (Omega)..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back