Worst accidental treatment of headphones?
Sep 5, 2005 at 12:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

Shayla

Previously known as Ryuichi
I'm a bit embarrassed to say it,b ut the other night... I wasn't feeling well. My room was dark, and I'm not very familiar with it yet. Turns out, my HD650's fell off of my desk, and I stepped very hard on the right side. I felt them twist, jumped quickly off of it, and picked them up. They seemed intact, so I went to sleep.

The next morning... the only thing that had happened was the right grill was bent. Popped right back into place. I know that seems like a horribly irresponsible thing to do to a pair of headphones, but I'm not going to worry too much about it because they're still fine. Live and learn, and if the milk's not spilt... no sense crying (not sure I'd say the same thing if the milk *was* spilt)

I'm sure many of you have had similar experiences with your beloved toys.. whether you blew up an HE90 or sat on your SR-80's, I'm sure we'll all get a good chuckle out of reading it.
600smile.gif

Sep 5, 2005 at 12:43 PM Post #2 of 16
Well, my HD 600 fell about twenty times from my loudspeakers (about 1,30m sometimes). But they survived every time
580smile.gif

I also had a Vivanco SR-950 a few years ago, that one didn't survive 50 cm. I used a little bit glue and it was working again, but didn't look too good...

Sep 5, 2005 at 1:05 PM Post #3 of 16
I somehow managed to put my grado sr-225's on top of a hot soldering iron on my desk.

Yes i know.

I put them down on my desk where i was working on a cmoy, and then i started to smell smoke. My sister shouted my name and i snapped them back off of the desk. The headband had acctually landed on the tip of the soldering iron. a panic striken moment.

It was ok though. Just a bit of a dent in the side of the vinal headband.

We all live and learn hey?
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 5, 2005 at 1:44 PM Post #5 of 16
Yea, this happened recently... I wore my fontopias going to bed once. The whole night I was rolling around and the music was still playing in my ears. A couple of hours before I woke up, around 5 AM, I took them off (while I was still barely conscious) and placed them on the table next to my bed. Before I took it off, I noticed that only the left one was in my ear. I was like, yea, whatever and I found the right on under my back. It wouldn't be so bad if I didn't weigh 155 pounds cause me putting pressure on the cord (downwards) when I was rolling caused it to stretch and snap. Now, no more headphones, and I JUST (like five minutes ago) ordered a new pair of those again.
lambda.gif

Anyway, I'm not talking about those cheap fontopia ones, I'm talking about the MDR-EX51LP. I guess to most of you it'd be cheap cause you have such greater budgets than mine. Also, there's this dude in another post hatin on the white colored headphones. Amen, brother. All my gear's in black... paintball, computer stuff, mp3 player, etc. haha. Yea... I guess that's it.
--Kiran

Sep 5, 2005 at 3:06 PM Post #9 of 16
gsferrari accidentally allowed someone else to pack his SA5000...
eek.gif

Sep 5, 2005 at 3:08 PM Post #10 of 16
A few years ago I stepped on my sony mdr-v150(first pair, I bought another one, shame on me!).
Yesterday I saw my mother, throwing (yes you read this right) my new shure e3 on my desk from 4 meters away. I yelled at her (offcourse, I had the right to), but she didn't understand it, she just thought it was some kind of plastic with a plug on the other end.

Sep 5, 2005 at 3:25 PM Post #11 of 16
well, my story isnt as extreme as all of yours but, one day i was wearing my EX51's and the cord was very loose. some guy in the school hall walked by and some buckle on his bag snagged on my headphones. i was being dragged halfway down the hall before i got his attention and told him to stop walking lol.

Sep 5, 2005 at 4:24 PM Post #13 of 16
I can remember one day having my portable CD player attached to a pair of Sony headphones (some 40 dollar pair) while in the backseat of my dad's car. We start driving down the thruway (going at least 60mph or so at this point) when all the sudden my portable CD player flew up and hit me in the face. I was like what the heck! And then it happened again, and I'm thinking why is it hitting me in the face. It hurt quite a bit. Then I raelized, by following the cord of my headphones..that they are dangling outside the door of the car bouncing along the thruway! I yelled at my dad to pull over, and I slowly open the door and pull the headphones in..there was nothing left but a case of one earphone (it was a single sided cord version) and I was near tears..I loved those headphones (then I did something stupid and replaced them with sony mdr-v250 at the time..yuck) but anyway that's my story. I hope someone gets a laugh.

Sep 5, 2005 at 4:26 PM Post #14 of 16
ages ago, when I was coming off the car....I stepped on something that feels like a peanut...and I felt the crack....when I looked down....OMG it's my earphone....and it did crack like a peanut.

Sep 5, 2005 at 4:53 PM Post #15 of 16
I've ran over my sony ear-buds (before I found this place), sucked 2 pairs up a hoover... haha! That was messy!! And smashed my ex 71's with a hammer...they'd already broke so i thought I'd have a look inside. I did that with a smile on my face, they were the 3rd pair to break on me...

No Ex 71 is safe when I've got a hammer in my hand!!
very_evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back