World's first portable Hybrid Valve Headphone Amplifier (with a footprint smaller than most cellphones).
Feb 17, 2018 at 3:16 AM Post #181 of 181
For what it’s worth, before finally sending the amp back because of the incessant microphonics, I did try double amping it, using what I had knocking around, a C&C BH2. I was expecting it to sound awful but it actually finally gave the HVA the slam it had been lacking, whilst keeping the lovely tubey warmth. Purely subjectively it didn’t seem to add a huge amount of noise either. It put a big grin on my face and made me wonder what might have been if Martin had managed to resolve the power/distortion issues that made the HVA sadly underpowered. In the end as I wanted something truly portable I went for a Headstage Arrow instead, which I love. Still kind of miss the HVA though, for all its infuriating foibles
It's so disheartening trying to find an arrow T series anywhere! Looking to pair one with a Sabre DAC for portable use. I like the mojo, but I also like to have ability to adjust bass/treble eq a little bit. Been acouring the threads for weeks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back