World's First 6mm AMT Earphone - CLIO
Dec 19, 2022 at 1:45 PM Post #16 of 28
I received the Clio roughly two months ago (thanks to Phil) and after a proper burn in, put them in the rotation of my most used iems. These include the Oriolus Traillii, Legend X, the Mest, Fir Audio M5, 64 Audio Tia Forte, 64 Audio U18t, 64 Audio Tia Trio and the Oriolus Szalayi among others. I have listening sessions of three to four hours every night, primarily using the Ibasso DX300 Max and the Cayin 8ii as the source DAP with 16-44 and 24-96 flac files. The Clio has moved to the top of the rotation! In fact, they dominate my listening sessions now.
While I can’t say that it’s the same as my home setup with my ESS AMT-B speakers, they share a lot of the same traits. The mid range and treble on these is outstanding! The DD bass is exceptional! The form of the Clio makes the very comfortable and with the Spiral dot ++ tips I get an excellent seal. In my opinion the Clio out performs it’s price point by a wide margin. Well worth it!!

Dec 19, 2022 at 5:54 PM Post #17 of 28
I received the Clio roughly two months ago (thanks to Phil) and after a proper burn in, put them in the rotation of my most used iems. These include the Oriolus Traillii, Legend X, the Mest, Fir Audio M5, 64 Audio Tia Forte, 64 Audio U18t, 64 Audio Tia Trio and the Oriolus Szalayi among others. I have listening sessions of three to four hours every night, primarily using the Ibasso DX300 Max and the Cayin 8ii as the source DAP with 16-44 and 24-96 flac files. The Clio has moved to the top of the rotation! In fact, they dominate my listening sessions now.
While I can’t say that it’s the same as my home setup with my ESS AMT-B speakers, they share a lot of the same traits. The mid range and treble on these is outstanding! The DD bass is exceptional! The form of the Clio makes the very comfortable and with the Spiral dot ++ tips I get an excellent seal. In my opinion the Clio out performs it’s price point by a wide margin. Well worth it!!
Thank you sir, the orders have finally started coming in for these and it makes me so happy that so many people are enjoying them. Punching way above their league price wise

Dec 24, 2022 at 10:55 AM Post #21 of 28
You answered it. Its precision engineering. oBravo own several patents for their AMT tech purely because its so hard to make and miniaturise
well, it's a matter of time before amt iems become more popular, there's already one out, goldplanar amt16, 15.5mm amt, it's full range so there's no need for an additional DD unless the designer wants to add one.

Jan 7, 2023 at 10:41 AM Post #24 of 28
would you say the supermoon is on the same level as clio?

and yes amt driver is terrific, however I wouldn't put it over planar or dd, it's more of a sidegrade, altho there is that new amt 16 iem that is full range, that's an interesting one
I did not listen too long to Supermoon but superficially they are similar.

Re Amt they are technically (physical principe) quite near to planars hence I would qualify them similar from a technical point of view

Jul 6, 2023 at 11:56 AM Post #25 of 28
Hi,

Can someone please help me with some proper review links with comparisons to the IEMs in the same price range? I cannot find reviews on HeadFi or other places.

Thanks

Jul 19, 2023 at 9:36 AM Post #26 of 28
unknown russian creator, made the drivers himself and designed hybrid iems, they were pretty damn good honestly.
You're wrong, he's a Ukrainian from Kyiv. I told you this before.
He continues to develop, but because of the war, things are not moving as well as we would like.

Jul 19, 2023 at 9:44 AM Post #27 of 28
Forget old oBravo products, just look forward now towards Cupid, Venus, Clio and Ra 21.5. These iems are what oBravos technology should have been about from the start. They are all now really very good iems in my opinion
Ra C Cu 21.5 are really very good. They remain one of my favorite IEMs. But of course, you have to give them a source that can drive them well. Otherwise, the sound will not be outstanding. Also, they are a monitor. And obviously, it's not a one-size-fits-all sweet setup designed to satisfy everyone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back